Home

New Mod Idea, Take a look =O)

PIo Koon

alright well while looking at the plo koon thread...someone said something about giving him a hood...and then i thought it would be cool to take the hood up and down and i got a really cool idea...of course this would take a long time to do but we could start out small...anyway here it is

my idea would make JK2 like..more invovled or something...i thought it would be cool to be able while in game..to press a button and your hood "fall" down to your back or just appear there if thats easy

....then another button could make the robe go off(just disappear)

and maybe when your not using your lightsaber it appears on ur side..and when u use it it goes away

i dunno...im not even sure if this can be done...i just thought being able to do this kind of stuff would be really cool...but thers more to it

if we did this...i was thinking we could make it so its like a Sith VS Jedi...where theres mostly just sith and jedi that do all the above listed

of course that means more models...and alot of time doing this...but since jedi's are in the making...im sure people wouldn't mind doing Sith to..but that would involve imagination...lol

anyway...if anyone likes this idea say so..maybe we could get this going....i can model but not high standards...so if anyone is interested in getting this going plz reply =O)

When the Tyrion was first being made I hade the same idea about being able to drop the hood off while in game... since everyone knows how sweet it would be to face an opponent, drop the hood/robe and whip out the saber and battle. So I think its a great idea and will sit lazily on my arse waiting for someone else to make this mod possible.

:max:

well would anyone be willing to help me make it? im not talking about just one or two models...im talkinga bout like 5 models for each side...maybe more...i can't do it alone so i need help...and im not A++ mdoeler...maybe like C lol

A better approach migh be to model just a cloak and hood using the normal JKII player creation tools, (remember all JKII meshes are (about) the same height because of the humanoid_gla). Bind the cloak to the bonestructure as best you can then write a mod that spawns another glm that is tied to the player model then when the de-cloak command is issued seperate the gloak glm from the player using an anim that approximates it being thrown away.

Or... when you de-cloak you could kill the glm cloak and replace it with an identical md3 cloak. MD3's can have custom animations and you could have a remove-be thrown-crunple anim (as long as you made sure the wayward cloak didn't clip on the scenery.

What you are proposing is quite a tall order.

I would definitely recommend that you post your request on the Coding forum as most of the people who are currently reading your thread are just modelers and wouldn't have the first clue how to accomplish many of the things that you mentioned.

heh...good idea

and yes i know that this is a tall order...thats why im not getting my hopes up...but i really hope someone does this...having a Trebor Coleman model and a Plo Koon model that does this would be VERY cool

Archived