Home

Rebel Campaign Help

Hey ppl.

I am creating a Republic-Rebel-New Republic campaign. When completed it should be huge.

But, unfortunately, I am new to this game. I can't really use triggers at all. I also don't know how to create objectives specific to each side. (Empire wants to destroy command center, Rebels want to defend it for certain amount of time, etc.).

If any of you have experience with these issues, or just suggestions for the campaign, drop it here. It would be greatly appreciated and help me enormously.

Here is what I have done so far, but have not been able to complete due to previously mentioned problems.

Mission 1: Retreat on Onarc 13 (incomplete due to problems)

You are a Republic commander under atack by the Imperials. You have to defend your evacuation fleet for an amount of time to escape.

Mission 2: Escape from Onarc (incomplete due to problems)

You have to guide your fleet through an Imperial blockade to escape the system.

Mission 3: Unforseen Circumstances (completed)

You pass a moon with a crashed Imperial star destroyer on it. You have to destroy the survivors so they cannot relay the communications to Dantooine that you had been sending in the area.

Mission 4: The Colony (completed)

You have to take possession of a large moon in a position to cut Rebel supply lines to the outer Rebel worlds. There is a Wookiee colony here that you must defend, and a massive Imperial attack force that you must destroy.

All responses are welcome!

Thanx.

Since you are new to the editor you probably shouldn't try to make a campaign that is too large or complex. You should work with the triggers and AI first, in order to get an idea of what the conditions and effects actually do. There is actually a really good guide for the scenario editor at:

http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=6,1013,0,10

This is SCN Punk's scenario editor guide. It has tips for making eye candy and triggers, among other things. It also has a very good guide to the conditions and effects that editors have to put in their triggers.

Um. On seeing your ideas for the first 4 missions I am assuming this is set during the period of unrest in the Republic... maybe after ep 3?

anyway as the Empire exists Palpatine has obviously taken control, are the Republic people you control some of the last few "Loyalists?"

OR do you mean the New Republic ie rebels???

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had it as this: some of the Republic's army remained loyal to the rebelling senators. the empire tried to destroy this fragment, and on the whole, succeeded. after a couple missions you come into contact with the alliance and join up. you then command a rebel force. i know, nothing like that was sposedta happen, but i thought it would make for a not bad campaign.

thanks corransec and tek-erosion.

your responses are very helpful.

other ideas are still welcome.

Archived