Home

PK3 packing Help?!?!?!?!

Commander Q

Ok....I NEED a lot of help....

I've read many, many forum posts and I still can't pack my pk3's right.

I have WinZip 8.3 [Trial Version], I have all the images that I've edited, and highlight all the folders: effects, gfx, menu, and shaders. Then I right click and say: WinZip: Add to current WinZip file. I save it as "filename.pk3" and then move it to my base directory, start JKO, and then it crashes and tells me that a "Requested feature ommited at compile time"

Any Ideas, or could some nice, generous person just walk me through how it should be done...again (like i've said I HAVE read other forums:::they don't work for me)

BTW: I am unable to rename zip files on my comp Win ME

-Thanks

Commander Q

Are you able to make the file show up as a .pk3 instead of .zip?

Also, what are you putting in the .pk3 file. If you are making a mod and have the .qvm files, you wouldn't put those into the base directory, but rather the gamedata directory inside of a new folder with the same name as the .pk3.

When you add the files to winzip, are they being added with the correct directory info? When you open up the .zip, or when renamed, .pk3 file, you should be able to arrange icons by dirrectory, and one of the columns should show the directory. If you don't have that column go into options or something and check a box the says to show it.

When moving files into the .zip or .pk3, what your doing should work, but i find it easier just to open the .zip or .pk3 file, and drag the files i want to add into that window.

If you are trying to put a .zip or .pk3 file into another .zip or .pk3 file, goto to the top menus in winzip (with the .zip or .pk3 file your trying to add the stuff to open), and click on actions, then add, the in the prompt that pops up, find your file, make sure the checkbox that says something about include directory information or something is checked, and then click add.

I hope this isn't too confusing the way i've written it. Each paragraph is a different idea, so don't go following them in order or anything. If none of these ideas help, well, um.... it would probably help if you said what you were putting into the .pk3 file.

Yes..after i rename or save the zip file as a pk3 it shows up as that.

What is going into the pk3 is a saber...just the art that 'should' replace the blue saber. The Follow is what is in my pk3 file (in their directory)

................./Effects --- Saber --- .efx files

.................|

.................|

Stick.pk3 ---GFX --- Effects --- Sabers --- blue_line........

.................|

.................|

.................\Shaders --- saber.shader

I hope that this is easy to read.

And when I put them into WinZip the screen looks like this:

Image1.jpg

...and then the archive is complete..and saved as a .pk3 (notice the top)

But..[as is] when i put it into my base folder and start the game..it crashes and tells me that a Requested Feature was ommited at compile time..

-hope this helps some

hm...

so you're trying to replace the blue saber...

is everything spelled the same way as in the assests0.pk3 file?

I don't have the slightest clue what that error means.

That picture you tried to attach won't show up for some reason, that shouldn't matter though, it sounds like you're putting it together right.

I'm not sure i can help you. I've never tried replacing a saber, i just add new ones :p Maybe if someone who has replaced a saber were looking at this, he might be able to help more than i can.

Sorry i can't help too much.

Archived