Home

Reality bites

Silent Wolf

(posted this on another thread but in hindsight i thought it was a good enough read to merit repost here - wolf )

a Wolfs take,

In the end it all comes down to what you have "fun" at doing. In the online world there is not standard no rules of engagment, we are given a world and it is up to us what we decide to do with it. You can not control the actions of others, if you could wed all be communists and half of the world would be dead.

Personally i am a skilled duelist and can easily dispatch a elite backstabber, yet i take no pride in doing so. Its just not "fun" to me. So what do i do? I play with my friends, i have no problem with backstabs, i do them if the opertunity arises, however out of respect for the "good duelists" i wont use them if given the oppertunity because i like a good match . There really isnt that much skill in the move unless its done in a supper cool way i.e someone flipping over you and do it as they land. Then they can say oh man that was pretty cool even though i got owned. As it stand its just a means to an end, i dont think raven intended it to be a primary weapon, hence the feedback from the community.

In conclusion, you can argue both for the backstab and against it, you can even argue to "nerf" it. In reality however, people will do what they want, its up to you to decide if you want to do something about it other than whine and moan on a public forum . Personally im having to much fun playing with like minded people to complain about how much fun im not having in a public sever because im to much of an idiot to make some friends .

-Wolf

p.s if your looking for quality people to play with try #jediknight on the gamesnet irc server. Im always there ;)

Archived