Home

Small issue

Paladin Musashi

Ok, so we all know about the blue lunge bug, and the fact that it's fixed in the source code Raven released. However...

Only one mod out there has it fixed right. No mod other than the Fans' Mod removes the animation completely. So looking through the code I realized that what's happening in Raven's code is that they added a check into the server code to see whether or not you're on the ground before allowing you to do a lunge. All well and good. However, the client does a bit of movement prediction, and it's under the impression that you can lunge in the air, because someone forgot to tell it you can't when they were telling the server so lol.

So what happens is the client starts a lunge, and lets the server know it would like to lunge, at which point the server tells it it's out of it's mind, and that it's doing a normal slash cause it's in the air at the time, so the client interrupts the animation it's already started and resumes the normal slash...

Now I've been over the client code trying to figure out where it determines predicted saber moves, but while i'm sure I could find it given time, I'm tired, and I can't think straight, so I thought I'd set anyone with free time on their hands on the trail of the line of code that needs to be modified while I sleep lol

Have fun,

-Master Musashi

LOL, the fact that you can do the blue lunge in the air of course.

All the mods that fix it (Using Raven's code) still show a small portion of the lunge animation before reverting to a regular slash... Except for the Fans' Mod. I think that's because of client side move prediction, so I'm trying to figure out where the client does it's prediction of the blue lunge, so I can add a ground check...

-Master Musashi

Archived