Home

holding saber wrong

dpittman42

im having a similar problem, i can rotate the lightsaber till its in the perfect spot by moving the right hand tag but then it screws up the way a gun is held, then when i get the gun in the right place the saber looks off. i just cant find the perfect spot, i wish the tag on kyle worked properly so i wouldnt have to keep moving it inch by inch and testing it over and over again. bah its annoying. someone make a .3ds file with the tag in the right way please!

my recommendation: try to get a base, new skeleton from kyle or otherwise's root.xsi file, with the skeleton unmoved or rotated, along with a complete set of bolts, or just one bolt, the bolt_r_hand tag, and merge it with the existing Max file you have, overwriting the existing one. Do not move the bolt, rotating it or otherwise. Just import it, link it to the right hand, skin it to rhang_tag_bone bone, and try that.

with vader i had that issue, afterwards on exar and other models, this method seemed to work nicely, fixing any saber errors, etc.

Thanks! I re-imported the hand bolts and they're to high on the hand, but they work. I think the problem is you can't move them after they've been linked. If I break the linkage before I move them then relink it doesn't get skewed. Thanks again!

Archived