Home

How do you change KYLE!! the guy sucks!

slimking

Oaky, first of all, Kyle does not suck.

He is, however, getting a little old, that's why I replaced kyle with a chiss.

And weequays with wookiees...

And rodians with whatever boush is(what is he anyway?)

And grans with mandalorians...

Anyway, you get the point.

What you have to do, is make your own mod.

It's not that hard, but it's a bit complicated.

So, first, in your "gamedata" folder, make a folder and call it whatever you want(mine is "chiss mod").

Second, you need to make a pk3(you do know how to do that, right?).

In the pk3, you need to have a folder called "Models". Inside that you need a folder called "players", and inside that one, a folder called "kyle"

Now, take the files from the model you want(I'm assuming you know how to work with pk3's) and place them into the "kyle" folder.

If you want to be able to see the skin from a different computer, then you have to change the "model_default.skin".

I'll see if you can get that far before explaining more...

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

Originally posted by slimking

ok i have loads of skins and mods i have downloaded and i wanna ditch kyle in the single player!!

kyle and jan suck!!

jan has been replaced by cheewie!! but kyle has to go!

please help

passing over your probably irational reason for saying Kyle and Jan suck I must

point something out: Its gona be pretty damn distrurbing when they kiss...

Originally posted by Mandalorian iTi

how do u make pk3 files thats the only thing that stands between me and making mods?

:rofl: heheheh...I wish *collapses on floor again* OK but seriously, it depends on

how you define a mod. If you know how to use a text editor you can change

confige files and get some fairly interesting results. If you have basic C coding or graphics editing skill you can make simple multiplayer mods (think switching gun stats for starters) or saber graphics replacements respectivly.

O yeh and a pk3 is just a .zip file with a fancy name. youl do fine with winzip or similar but get somthing like Windows Commander (sharware) for easy

swaping and updating of the files in your mod.

Lol, yeah. Just doesn't look..... right...

Anyway, if you want to create pk3 files, I suggest you get pakscap. Search the web for it, and get the latest version(v. 11 or something...)

Then, if you can't figure it out, just contact me, and I'll either tell you haw to do it(you can also look into the games pk3's and see if you figure it out), or if all else fails, I can simply make it for you...

Grets , i and also REALLY tired of the same old bantha herder Kyle and was wonder if you could convert either ,or better yet if you feet like it, both of these two models im posting up on this thread i would really like to play as eith Yun or Obi. thanks and i really apprciate it.

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=104

Obi Model

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=354

Yun Model

oh and send it to my e-mail adress at Bakers8er@yahoo.com

Not to spoil your party, but I kinda don't want to do something I don't have to do.

Do a search for "pakscape" and get v. 11.

Then look into the assets files included with the game, and see if you can figure out how to make your own.

And read my instruction on what to do.

Like I said, I don't want to spoil your fun, but try it yourself, it's not really that hard once you get the hang of it.

i understand. i dont mean to be a thorn in your ass about it but thanks anyway. I will definetly figure it out

oh and can anyone give me a link to where i can download Pakscap cause im having real trouble finding it:confused:

Originally posted by BakerS8er

i understand. i dont mean to be a thorn in your ass about it but thanks anyway. I will definetly figure it out

oh and can anyone give me a link to where i can download Pakscap cause im having real trouble finding it:confused:

http://www.rarlabs.com

Download WinRAR 3.0

WinRAR is a much better archiving program, and it does work very well with JO.

Just an alternative for anyone who wants to try it. Personally I use it all the time for everything. It's the only archiving program I use.

I found it! Here is my walkthrough!

Originally posted by Phillio

OK..here goes!

1. Get a MP character or whatever and find the .pk3 file for it. Now, right click on it and click "add to zip". Now at top it should say "add to archive", below that it should say a path, and below that it should say "new" and "open", click open.

2.Now double click on the .pk3 of the person you want switched with whoever. Now you should have a winzip window up with all the files of the person, lets say dooku. The path of the files in the .zip window you are looking at should be models/players/dooku (or whatever the person is called)

3. Extract all the files with the path: models/players/dooku to your main hardrive, c:.

4. Go into your c: drive and there should be a new folder called models, and in that one a folder called players, and in that one a folder called dooku. Change the dooku folder's name to kyle or whoever you want that person switched with.

5. Make a new .zip file and make sure the "save all subdirectories" and other path related options are checked. Now click add and add all the files in the renamed kyle folder. Make sure the path is shown. The path should be models/players/kyle.

(Some winzip versions make it so that you have to drag over the models directory in the zip wondow then click add. This may be needed to do depending on what winzip you have.)

6. Now you look at the top of the window of any folder thingy and go into the folder options. Make sure the option "hide extensions of know types" is NOT checked.

7. Now you have a .zip file with the files of the dooku model with the path models/players/kyle. The zip file should now have .zip at the end of it. Erase the .zip and put .pk3.

(NOTE: You MUST have the main MP character file also in the base directory or your new changes will make whoever you wanted switched invisible. (Lets say you switched lando with anakin but didn't have the anakin MP file in your base directory, lando would be invisible.)

8. Just put your new .pk3 file into your GameData\base folder and voila! You have changed Kyle or whoever with Dooku!

Hope this was helpful!

HaPpY gAmInG!

-Phillio

Archived