Home

Modelling non Humanoids?

Derisor

with the new model scaling mod i think it would be possible to make a non-human model, it would still have to be attached to the humanoid skeleton but you coudl leave parts out. ie: say you wanted a for legged animal ,first for deformation purposes the actual mesh's legs woudl have to be about as big as the humanoid legs. weight them accordiningly to how 4-legged animal move:

LR

RL

but whate you are left with by scaling the legs to the size of a humans is a really big model. to help with this scale it down (.5 being the lowest so far) and it shoudl run around pretty nice.

-keto

Hmm interesting idea,

although a good one I think many ppl would be scared to make such a model. Maybe we can make the At-St a player model :)

Or as someone has previously suggested, get the rancor form the previous JK game and get him in game.

The current MP code does not allow for any gla other than the _humanoid animations to be loaded. There are specific comments regarding when the ability for individual animations was broken and that there was no desire to fix it. The current scalling mod only allows total scaling of the whole bonestructure, so the whole thing is either bigger or smaller _not_ on a bone by bone basis. As of now you can have big humanoids or small humanoids, end of list

well yes the scaling mod does shrink down every bone, bot what i meant was to make the part of your model that NEEDS to animate well be the scale set fro all other parts of the model. ie: the legs i woudl like are the most important part of an animals movement in order for it to look correct (i think atleas) so one woudl scale the mesh so that the legs of the mesh were the same size as the humanoid leg bones(as to have the mesh deform correctly) this woudl mean the rest of the body would be quite large aswell. for a large animal you might not have to scale it down (ie: rancor) and an extra plus is that most animal on 4legs is that the rest of their body is horizontal which means that vertically the fit within the bounding box, however horizontally it woudlnt be so lucky (well depending on the creature's length).

...just my thoughts, i want to make a few non-human models (4legged+) that are restricted to the humanoid skeleton.

-keto

Archived