Home

DPK extraction??

Twisted Vertex

I have found a program that would let me import and view, then export GLA (graphical lanugage animation) files. The program is called glscene, and there is an addon called GLARED. The problem is the installation is packed into a dpk file.

I did a number of searches to extract this file, and most of the searches came up using a extactor that mech commander.

Can somebody inform me on how to extract this file, for i am bound and determined to view and edit these animation.

I am pretty sure it is...do a search on google with gla, gla does not have too many variations.....How do i obtain this delphi package...

Oh when you do the search you get more hits by typing "graphics language aniamtion gla"

There was only one other program that views gla...that was glpro...but the demo is password protected

Ok, well answer me this, why would Raven be using a delphi graphics lib when they wrote JKII in C++.

If you really want to use the DPK I suggest you get hold of delphi (The programming language) thats the only way you'll be able to play with it.

But I suggest you pause for a moment and read up on the package because every single "GL" in that package refers to "Open GL" and _not_ "Ghoul".

Remember that the Ghoul system was developed in house by Raven, that is why you don't find any referance to it on the net.

Additionally, lets just say that Raven _did_ use that lib and that the formats are the same, why isn't the licence for that library in the parts of the code that refer to the ghoul subsystem?

You're welcome to keep bashing away, but remember that a file extention has _nothing_ to do with what is in the file. Unless you find some evidence that these two things are connected other that the last three letter of a filename, I'd leave it.

Thanks for clearing that up man...I have am only an art guy, not a programming wiz. So now i understand, maybe i should leave it alone. I just put it togther that the .gla contains animations. From the gla files i found....These programs glscene and glpro are the only programs that recoginze a gla (animation) format.

Plus the only reason why i keep going on with this was that i read a transcipt. The file was a chat conversion between a couple of the develpers and reporters. The reporters knew that people were going to break the yoda barrier even beofre the game came out. Plus a question about animations was asked. The answere was the the person need softimage and 3d studio max. The files need to be constantly transferred between 3d studio and softimage.

But oh well....thanks anyways

Not a problem, I'm a programmer by trade (Last 6 years or so). As far as animations go I think someone will come up with a gla creator, the format doesn't look that complex (and I don't think it'll have anything to do with XSI) but I don't think they'll be able to add to the _humaniod.gla and that will be the sticking point.

Unless Raven help us out.

Archived