Home

Really annoying save prob.

Yun the Sith

Ive had JK2 3 days now and I cant stand the save anymore. The problm is when I try to load any saved game. Usually my load screen is an upside down LucasArts logo. And the save works every once in a while, and hardly at all when I die. When I die and go to the load menu the frame rate goes really badand when I oad it the sreen goes 2/3 grey and loads a little and stops. I can press Esc, kill the game, and go back in to it and then it works. After the 100th time it started getting anoying.

I just posted 3 bugs I'd found here in another thread here.

Actually I cannot even find the post now but here is basically what I found.

2 of the bugs related to save (the 3rd doesn't pertain to saving)

If you save TOO many times (like me) then the menu system freaks out a little bit. You won't be able to see the most recent saves. They are there but not visible in the menu system.

You can see them with windows explorer.

The solution is this: as you go through a level delete the older saves in that level when you are certain you won't be reloading again from that save point.

When I'm done with a level I have generally 4 or less saves for that level.

I Always keep the 1st save and checkpoints along the way.

When you come into a level for the first time the game automatically saves for you. It has a special name unlike the other file names the game saves under but you can only know that by looking at the saved filenames in the windows explorer. Under the menu system that save looks like the others.

DO NOT delete this auto save unless you want to delete all the saves for that level. Under certain circumstances the save menu gets confused and will start saving the present level under the name of the previous level.

These two bugs may have something to do with some of your problems.

I don't even use the fast save anymore so I can I see what I saved show up in the menu.

Then I save only a few times then start deleting the older ones

(except the first save on the list).

good luck

jd

Archived