Home

Assimilate and Carcass

agentj64

Build Failed

Process Returned error: 1

Any idea?

I've fixed exporting errors and the rest exported fine, but could XSI exporter missed something? I also fixed (or attempted) directory errors (it kept saying C:\blahblah\C:\blahblha\root.xsi), and I've picked Make Its Own Skeleton

(with a path reading:

gamedata/base/models/players/xxx/xxx)

I'm still stumped though:|

:jawa

oh and also - is there any reason why Assimilate has a cross out icon over the icon under the folder ? and why it reads at the end

( (BAD:ROOT) )

could this in fact be my problem?

:atat:

=

or another idea, could it be the fact that my path is

C:\games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\Tools\carcass.exe

note the spaces in "STAR WARS JK II JEDI OUTAST" ?

The very first thing I would do is get rid of those spaces. It's never gonna work right with them there. Do something like c:\games\jkii\(whatever). It's just a small bug in assimilate that Raven told us about when they released it.

Secondly, assimilate seems to give "build error 1" for just about every screw-up it encounters. This could be anything from an unweighted vertex, to a vertex with more than four bones weighted to it, to your heirarchy being irregular. The little black screen (the console output) that shows up after you click "build" should tell you what the hang-up is. Good luck .. hope it helps.

Most importantly, that error is NOT meaningless unless you have the very same problem Toonces has. Assimilate (well, carcass actually) gives you very detailed information as to what's not working right.

Toonces,

If you're getting that error every time you run assimilate and you've resorted to running carcass from a command prompt, that .probably means you don't have assimilate configured right. Like I said, assimilate seems to give you a "build error 1" every time something screws up. I've never seen "build error 2" or anything of the sort.

I was running assimilate from a dos window too until I realized that my jkii directory shouldn't have spaces, so I moved it. Now, I'm running outcast from c:\games\jkii\ and since I got it configured right, I've not had an actual assimilate problem yet.

Running carcass from the command prompt seemed to work pretty well for me, but you would believe how much simpler the whole process gets when you've got assimilate set up right.

Hope it helps.

Well that would make enough space, but DOS closes right after assimilate runs and carcass gives the error that I have no time to see it

Now I could create a .car file with Assimilate but what are the commands I have to send to Carcass? or is that all automtic?

Next do you have to include the humanoid.gla with the actual model as well iunder assimilate (tim appleby's says no)

I will also try getting rid of the spaces too;)

Archived