Home

The Ever Unending Saber Debate

Chaynsaw

Experiencing life as a player of 1.03 and 1.02 and listening to lots of debate on the subject of pull/push + backstab/sweep, I'm wondering...

Why was saber damage lowered? It seems to give people less options to win.. as when at first you could kill your opponent with a variety of different attacks, but now the pull/push + backstab/sweep combo seems be vastly more effective than any other.

And secondly, to the anti-whiners, I do recognize futility in expressing displeasure with any repeated tactic... but still. Asking why we do not learn your move and do the same or learn to counter... why don't you just not do it? I've heard a lot of arguments on this and have to confess my curiosity.

I can pull the move off in 1.02 (which is all I play now, thanks to Drep'anon's servers), but I don't see the point of using this combo... every minute you play. If you can play elsewise, why don't you? Why get everyone to hate you when you know you can play just as good with different tactics? Why mindlessly drone on, pulling and pulling people down for a one hit kill? I mean... doesn't killing people over and over with the same tactic ever get boring?

Don't tell me it's part of the game either. I know it is and you can perfectly well backstab all day with merriment and abandon.. but this is a game and there's no point in antagonizing everyone in it by being repetitive. Many CS servers limit AWP usage or restrict it altogether, even though it was part of the game. And why? Because people kept getting tired of getting sniped one by one.. a 5 minute game lasting no longer than 45 seconds because a sniper took out an entire team singlehandedly.

Of course, we won't overlook the fact that to be able to snipe an entire team, you have to be excellent. More excellent than if you were a pull/backstabber in JO... and sniping was more a problem in CS than backstabs ever were in JO.

Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by Chaynsaw

Why was saber damage lowered? It seems to give people less options to win.. as when at first you could kill your opponent with a variety of different attacks, but now the pull/push + backstab/sweep combo seems be vastly more effective than any other.

Damn straight!

If the damage was higher it would completely eliminate the backsweep/stab problem indefinatly.

Its the only move that kills me nowadays, i personnally dont do it wotsoever and i still win most of my duels, its obvoiusly going to be used tho as a quick kill, but a move in this game that delivers an instant kill should be bloody hard to pull off, not just backwards and fire, it should be some complicated combo that takes time and effort, but even then i suppose it would be scripted :eyeraise:

This is Starwars for gods sake, Jedi's dont do instant kills, u have to fight for it, not walk up to some jedi and instantly kill him. :eyeraise:

P.s. dont flame me its my own opinion, plus im sexeh...

This reminds me of a game I had yesterday....

Most of the players were running around.....almost backwards all the time....

Haha...it really made me laugh, when I hit Absorb, and kept jumpin' around...(Yoda Style :) ) while they were trying to backstab me....they didn't even try to pull off another move...they just kept trying to backstab me, while I was jumping around their heads....

Really fun....but I did come to the conclusion that there are many of those people around....sadly....IMO... :(

"This is Starwars for gods sake, Jedi's dont do instant kills, u have to fight for it, not walk up to some jedi and instantly kill him. "

I would have to disagree, Episode I: Cheap tactic, Maul smacked Jinn in the head and stabbed him for an inta-kill. The rest of the fight is just well practiced choreography, which we are far from in JK2. I myself hate Anal Attackers.. But they are pretty easy to avoid. A lunge can damage one, and still give you time before the saber points backwards.

Hey Chaynsaw,

NuclearFallout is still up and running on a new server.

The IP address is 67.35.51.252:28070.

If things don't pick up after the IP address change, I'm going to be forced to take it down in a week. So round up some friends and come check it out. I've got a killer rotation happening now.

Originally posted by AuggieBenDoggie

"This is Starwars for gods sake, Jedi's dont do instant kills, u have to fight for it, not walk up to some jedi and instantly kill him. "

I would have to disagree, Episode I: Cheap tactic, Maul smacked Jinn in the head and stabbed him for an inta-kill. The rest of the fight is just well practiced choreography, which we are far from in JK2. I myself hate Anal Attackers.. But they are pretty easy to avoid. A lunge can damage one, and still give you time before the saber points backwards.

Someone else said the most effective thing to do to anus fighters, something that has the best chance of teaching them something, is this: When a player shows that he is obviously an anus fighter, target him. Kill him over and over again, with whatever method he isn't spamming. If possible, do most of your killing with frontal saber attacks.

Archived