Home

Need Asistance

(IK) Lucifer

I am making a model for the Howlrunner, Sharrad Hett, but I cant get some things to work. Hopefully someone can help me.

I d/led Milkshape and the Ghoul2 importer. I cant figure out how to rotate or zoom in on the model in MilkShape.

Also for whatever reason, maybe Im an idiot (LOL) I cant export as a .glm. I can open .glm and .3ds but I cant get it to export into .glm format and its irritating me alot. I had the thing done in 3ds last night, but when I saved it and opened it in MilkShape, the modle was spread out all along the ground plane. I do have a vesion that opens in MilkShape fine, but I need to know how to zoom and rotate so I can edit it in MilkShape, then I need to be able to get it exported to .glm.

I know I repeated myself a bit, but I just wanted to be clear.

Thanks.

bored? you've haven't the foggiest idea.. :)

as for the skinning part, i would suggest posting something in the skinning forum when you're ready for that step. that are some wicked talented guys in there who can really do the character justice (not that you wouldn't of course, i'm just going by your last post) :) it's just good to use this community thing for all it's worth, you know what i mean?

Oh ya,

I've been in there and learned about nearly everything but shaders. I did the Kir_Kanos skin, I dont know if youve seen it or not, its ok in my book, but Im prejudiced. lol It was up on JediknightII.net, but last time I looked I didnt see it since they changed servers.

If it's just exporting which is your prob, the answer is simple: just copy the xsiimporter.dli (or something to that effect) from the jk2\gamedata\tools directory to the plugins directory in the 3dsmax folder, start up max (the plugin should load automatically), open your model and press export (under file).

Choose export as XSI 3.0, click ok, wait for a bit and viola!

whao sorry i took so long i didnt see the pm. yes Milkshape is a great program but a .glm or a .xsi exporter has not been created for it and it will probably take a long time for some one too create one.

to adjust the views, ctrl is pan, and shift is zoom

to rotate you select the parts of the model you want to and hit rotate.

remeber that all actions that adjusts objects in relation to the axis, like moving or actual rotating, needs to be done in the non 3d(perspective) view. in 3d view you can still rotate but this you are rotating the entire axis for viewing reasons.

if you have 3dsmax then your in luck. you need to export your model to .3ds first then import in 3dsmax. if you decide to o through all the steps like capping in milkshape then you need to shorten the names of the parts as converting to .3ds lowers every objects name to i think 10characters. which means that some of your longer names like torso_cap_head_off and torso_cap_hips_off both get reduced to "torso_caps" since they both have the same name 1 of them is deleted. below is a pic from spacemonkeys tut that i edited to display some possible name changes.. although remeber once you have it in 3dsmax you have to rename all of them to their proper names.

*drag drop please*

http://www.geocities.com/corruptionroms/segements1MS.jpg

hopes this helps,

-keto

Archived