Home

omg CTF rocks!

Marvelous*

Pushing the flechette and heavy repeater fire is usually effective. However, Ive seen gunners wait for the push and then fire afterwards...or shoot at a less obvious time to throw off your pushback timing. Even I do this when I use a gun. Ive always loved using the saber more than guns, but I must admit that guns > saber.

Oh, no doubt that in pure base Guns > Saber. That's partly because saber is basically your "slapper" weapon for JK2, even if we don't want to admit it (aka it doesn't require a pick-up in all but Jedi Master gametypes but *should* be an instant kill or close), so methinks Raven/Lucas Arts made it lower for base based on this.... not sure. :rolleyes:

As for waiting for a push or pull before the shot, yes, smart gunners do this by a matter of course (I do..... all the time. :D ), hence you will just need to try another counter on my list. :)

Saber-only CTF is intense and alot of fun if it is 1.02 or a more current game version with lowered blocking.

Also fun and strategic if force powers aren't maxxed.

I play CTF more than any other version, although it has become more of a 'flag whoring' match with each successive patch :(.

Originally posted by jarek

No, YOU ARE NUTS!

Guns have always been more powerful. Theyve always had an advantage over sabers. Screw the backstab, if youre using a gun, you can attack from a distance..which avoids a backstab (or any other saber attack period). Use absorb so they cant steal your gun. Its a fool proof plan. Gunner wins every time.

Its morons like you giving Raven stupid feedback that have turned this game into the peice of crap that it is. The saber is a joke now, a skilled gunner can beat a saberist of any skill 100% of the time. I know cuz Ive experienced it. The only minor downside of guns was the ammo usage, but thats been fixed in 1.04. This is no longer Jedi Knight II, its Quake Knight II. No reason to use sabers anymore, its all about the guns...how very sad.

In 1.03 the rocket launcher and flechette gun can kill almost anyone with 2 friggin shots...and sometimes just one. I GUESS THAT IS USELESS?

I hate flaming people, but its obvious youve lost your ****ing mind. Get a clue.

I agree 100% with this post. JK2 was never about the guns originally. When I first started playing the game, sabre combat and the force powers are what made it so original to me and fun. At that time the guns were so terribly unbalanced they seemed almost like an afterthought. However at the time force powers and sabres were still good enough to compete.

At this point in the games life it has essentially been reduced to Quake Knight 2 as you have no choice but to go the gun route if you want to compete successfully in the CTF game type. This was never the case before.

The problem with all the g_makesabernotgay commands is that I rarely see servers use them. Not to mention before you join a server, theres no way of telling what changes theyve made. Everyone and their mom has their own little opinion on what is fair and not fair.

Maybe I think the saber should be more powerful. But noob01 thinks the saber should be nothing more than a rotting stick. But if noob01 runs the server I'm playing on. I have to deal with his g_makesabersuckcock config...or find another server to play on. While I've always thought config options make a game better, in this case I dont. When I join a server I dont wanna have to think about what crazy changes the admin has made to the gameplay.

JK2 needs a standard, a balancing of all weapons, something people can actually agree on. Unfortunatly this will probably never happen, too many whiny 12 year olds. Server admins shouldnt have to make manual changes to their servers just because raven is too lazy to balance the game. Patch 1.04's purpose was to "balance multiplayer", but all it did was worsen it.

/rant off

Archived