Home

Any help would be greatly appriciated

coleman8er1

What does it mean when i attempt to join a server and it wont let me connect and i get an error that says "Server uses protocol 15"? How can i fix that? or is it even possible? and why will my JKII game randomly shut down when i join some servers and it shows a blinking red "Register_emptysound" in the console once the game closes? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

I think the protocol 15 error is patch related. You might be joining a server with a different patch than you..

The sound error can be remedied by either reinstalling JK2 or trying to weed out a custom problematic sound file.

I had that error after installing the 1.04 patch. I later found that the 1.04 patch uses protocol 16, while the 1.03 patch uses protocol 15. Whats happening is that you are trying to connect to a server that is running the 1.03 patch and it won't let you. Try this: After starting the multiplayer and selecting join server. Hit the "Get new list" key and not the refresh list key. This should remove all 1.03 servers on your list, and generate a new list with only 1.04 servers. Hope this works.

Archived