Home

Custom Saber Hilt

WAR_BlindSkater

Heres a Saber im working on Skins will be done soon. I have one that is different wood handle and rusted metal :D But im gonna make a shinny skin. Here is the model. I will post skins soon if you guys like it.

5655.jpg

I posted this in the General Editing Help forums but havent gotten a reply so I figured maybe posting it here will be better.

I made a saber model and now I need to import it into JO. I have imported it once but the Saber Blade sticks out of kyles knee and the saber isnt held right. I figured out that I need to add tags. I think one is called Flash or something. I have no clue how to add tags. If someone could teach me how to add tags so I can import the model I will give a lot of credit to you in the read me I use 3d Studio Max 4. Thanks for any help.

- WAR_BlindSkater

(If you know how to do it in Milkshape please tell me maybe I can figure out how to do it in Max)

Ok, aTag is a right sided triangle. You make this triangle using the LINE tool. Then convert this triangle to and editable poly. After that you'll want to name is flash tag, or was it tag_flash? lol, anyways, you'll want to anlign the triangle according to this tutorial.

http://www.btinternet.com/~howe_alison/brothers/tutorial/gmax_jkii_tutorial.htm

If you have problems with it coming out at a right angle, well just simply rotate that triangle.

Now getting the skin to show up in the game. Apply your Skin to the model, in 3d studio max. Now that you have this done, export it out at a md3.

Make your .skin file in the jk2 file directory: base/model/weapons2/.....

*note, make sure all your files are allocated in this folder. Then load in up in the md3 viewer and convert to glm.

Sorry if the spelling is a little messed, still working on my first cup of coffee.

Thank you man your so great I have like 22 people viewing my help topic and no one post :D Im gonna try this right now I have been able to get the skin in and everything just fine and scale it but it was just that stupid tag thing :D

BTW Where can i get a md3 importer for 3d studio max 4 or does the gmax one work?

Archived