Home

Covenant Elite

PIo Koon

might as well start asking

is there anyone here willing to MAP this Covenant Elite?

i would ask toonces but ive troubled him enough and he doesn't deserve more ####s =OD

so we need someone who can map good...and with the stolen yoda model...im not sending it to some new mapper or someone thats posts below 25 times...i don't want this stolen

so if u can map player models and are RESPECTABLE of the forums we'd really appreciate it

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for not being able to move like he should.. he's loking good.. a couple of issues.. His neck is a little too straight upward...(I realize most of that is due the human frame/pose he's "stuck" in. (The picture in the game's manual is about as upright as an actual Elite can get) and the top of his head should still be a little higher.. Are his arms long enough to prevent clipping in Red Stance? As for the Hunter.. I'm not sure you could get him at full heigth.. maybe a "hybrid" mini Hunter?.. The Human Flood can be done pretty easy as a skin, or just a remodeling of a standard humanoid model with "bits" and lumps.. As for an Elite Flood... that's a pretty serious undertaking, with the floppy "head" and all.. I would LOVE to see a Grunt model.. ROFL.. Just hearing "NO MORE" on a decapitation would make it worth it.. How are you guys going to implement dual bipartite symmetrical cheek/jawbones? If you're going to get super ambitious.. you could just release a "Halo Pack" (But then you'ld have to have seven models to match the sacred number ;) ) A Cortana skin with Jan would be stupid easy to do... If you guys find a skinner.. Why don't you ask IN the skinning section, and pick from the best person who wants to?

people still don't get things do they? =OP

#1just because a model has something a normal human doesn't, doesn't mean it WONT work..the floppy head will work..will it bob and move?...no..itll just be a part of the head..very simple to do

#2........read=OP...we ARE making a Halo Pack.........HMP=Halo Model Pack =OP

#3.......if u watched the video of the old version of Halo, where the marines infiltrate a covenant outpost and all of them die except one...ull see he gets chased down and the Elite stands over him and talks to him before Master Chief shoves the beam sword through his heart

if u look...he talks like a normal human...yes he has 4 mandables but to talk in english he moves both lower jaws at the same time...so that wouldn't be a problem

#4 the hunter...as i said in #1...it will work

#5i wasn't insulting u..just telling u =O)

try google.com's image search

Personally, against PIo's wishes, I'd probally send the models for ppl to skin...

I'm a polycounter, we're used to giving out SDKs for people to rip apart:d

Only thing i'll release it as a 3ds so you can all have fun with it skinning (any ambitous fool could easily strip a root.xsi and map each vertice which I plan to do to the best detail i can get, and release it, but that'd be a waste imho..)

Anyway I'm going idle for a day or two to finish some school work and I'll be back into modelling:d

Cya on the other side

As for a HALO model pack, I've thought about it, wth why not?

Hunter and all that? easily makeable.

The challenge to me is not making the model just finding damn refrence pics:p

I was REALLY thinking of making my own blah model but im sticking with halo, I'm going to find someone in there to do

most likely a grunt;)

Bring it on yoda !!!... "no more!!"

I was also REALLY going to MODEL the guns as well, but I haven't messed with the gun system yet, it looks just like quake3's format, tag barrel and flash, but i have no idea how any of it works, I'll figure it out.. i hope?..err..ok bye bye

if anyone can help me with how JK2 handles guns it'd be most appreciated :D

Actually that would be amazing, do it!

all the body would be weighted to say, pelvis, heh, and the lightsaber etc would..just appear...

:)

theres no "bolt_weapon" (but there are bolt_l_hand etc..hrmm) so that the thing could appear there..

really send it my way if you can at least:)

alpha11@tampabay.rr.com

another neat thing would have guilty spark and a small stick man figure body under it:p

I must say, this is one of the more ambitious models on display in this forum. I'm impressed that people are willing to try to work around the limitations of things like bone structure animation. I can't wait until this is done, I've always wanted to play as one of the Covenant in any game.

Archived