Home

Ideas for Jedi Team Fortress

gavan

Here are some Ideas for Jedi Team Fortress :

Have a good amount of Eye-Candy, like the SinglePlayer game. For Hoth you're going to need alot of it for inside the base. Lots of terrain for Hoth so you're going need that for AT-ST. Imperials have AT-ST from the start. but the rebels need to steal them. Nice looking inside bases, wires, space crafts, control panels, troopcenters. There needs to be lots of levels in a map using ramps, stairs, elevaters. Try to get vehicles in to the launch. Each map should have two or three teams with their own unique look etc. ( No mixing skins and models ). You are going to have to have a couple of imperial teams like in Ender with scout troopers and in Hoth with snowtroopers. Very detailed maps that feel like and look Starwars. Also maybe have Uqiue units.

I been Waiting for a mod like this

Thanks for you great effort on this mod. You guys rock, and I look forward to the release. :D

Originally posted by gavan

Have a good amount of Eye-Candy, like the SinglePlayer game. For Hoth you're going to need alot of it for inside the base. Lots of terrain for Hoth so you're going need that for AT-ST. Imperials have AT-ST from the start. but the rebels need to steal them. Nice looking inside bases, wires, space crafts, control panels, troopcenters. There needs to be lots of levels in a map using ramps, stairs, elevaters. Try to get vehicles in to the launch. Each map should have two or three teams with their own unique look etc. ( No mixing skins and models ). You are going to have to have a couple of imperial teams like in Ender with scout troopers and in Hoth with snowtroopers. Very detailed maps that feel like and look Starwars. Also maybe have Uqiue units.

I been Waiting for a mod like this

Thanks for you great effort on this mod. You guys rock, and I look forward to the release. :D

Well... To me that actually takes A LOT of work... I dont think they are going to spend to do ALL that work, just to satisfy your needs.. In my opinion, wutever they make.. it should be more than enuff... I dont have high/low spectations about this mod...

UT Team fortress

People came out with these great ideas, for this mod, and they FOLLOWED IT.. However it turned out to be a failure.

Weapon Factory

This was rather a small mod,, less than 10 megs, and ppl ENJOYED more than UT TF. Why? because there was no influence, in the community.. Seriously.. just let them do their work. And a great mod, you will have =)

Ehhh, sounds nice. From what I heard, the Hoth map is just about finished, but I'll forward this idea to Lord Nodata and/or the rest of the gang if I get a chance. :)

Thanks. I hope it'll turn into an excellent mod too, but where it stands I'm basically a fifth wheel on the team for now.... but that's bound to change when we get up to speed. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gavan

All of these ideas are valid, and you've got a GOOD idea of what we're shooting for in the mod. There will be no mixing of skins and models or whatnot across team. So if you SEE a Stormtrooper, you'll KNOW he's on the Imperial side. Unique units are going to play an important role as well.

We'll be getting forums up on the Jedi Fortress site SOON, so keep checking there and register on our forums when we've got em!

And yeah, things ARE moving along, right now MUCH of the work is going from Design to Coding and back to Design again. Our mappers are STEADFAST (aren't we lucky?) so we should have NO trouble with the mapping side of things...

In other words...we ARE working hard!

UT Team fortress

People came out with these great ideas, for this mod, and they FOLLOWED IT.. However it turned out to be a failure.

:confused: what are you talking about the mod is great and they're just about to release the gold version any day now (which is a massives update new models for everything new abilities etc)

Originally posted by Snake13

:confused: what are you talking about the mod is great and they're just about to release the gold version any day now (which is a massives update new models for everything new abilities etc)

Have you even check how many servers are they?? the last time I check which was like 3 months ago.. There were less than 100 Servers.. I believe, there was exactly 58

While Weapon Factory HAD A LOT MORE

You can see it for yourself

Archived