Home

I want to model! NOW!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, his question is a good one, and was not specifically answered in that thread. There are a lot of people out there who want to learn to create models for JKII, but do not have experience w/ the software packages (myself included). As far as I know, the tools that Raven released are not sufficient for making custom PLAYER models unless you have 3DStudio v4.0 or later, because the XSI importer isn't there for Gmax or past versions of 3DStudio. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.

One interesting question that I haven't seen answered (it might've been answered months ago in a thread, but since finding it might be impossible, is :

Is it possible to edit the compiled mesh (the glm) in 3D Studio? If you unzip the pk3, is there a way to open the glm in 3DStudio (or convert it using milkshape or GMax) so that it can be edited and made into a completely different model? The reason I ask this, is that for some people (including myself) making a humanoid figure is not the easiest thing to learn in 3Dstudio, so going off of a template (like a Kyle/Jan/Lando) and changing things (most importantly the head) would be a good way to start.

I think one way might be to open the GLM in milkshape and export it into a 3Dstudio file, but that seems like a poor method. Is there a GLM importer for Gmax/3Dstudio?

edit: Hmmm, this post was listed as the first one in the thread, when it was really the last... Strange this is, hmmm.

I want to try to model, do you have a good tip on what tutorials i shall start with, and what version of 3D Studio Max i can use.

I modelled in Milkshape and now i want more than that! So i want to learn and make a cool model...!

See ya around! May the force be with you! ( If you answer ) :D

I meant like this: I desperate want to create a model!

I dont mean: HELP ME FOR #### SAKE!!!!

Don't u see the smiley? I did'nt mean to be pushing..

and a "!" don't mean that i scream at you, i was just excited..

And I'm new here.. people accepted that in other forums and prevented to say "what a dumb question" and you know why i posted? Cause i couldn't read any posts yesterday.

Can't just people accept others?? Even if they are dumb, ignorant and maybe "pushing"

Okay, at the time of writing this, the boards are rather messed up; the message I'm responding to is somehow higher up on the thread than the thread's initial post. Don't know if this will be fixed, but one can only hope.

Anyway, unfortunately from other threads I've discovered that the only way to edit an existing model is the method you described: import it to Milkshape, export as md3, and load into gmax or 3dsmax or your program of choice.

Which means I REALLY need to purchase a copy of Milkshape soon ^_^

And to Doctor Disco, I wouldn't take it personally per se, but if you stick around you'll soon find that pretty much a good half of the newbies ignore the thread entitled "Before you post a question, click here!" The spam this generates can be frustrating. That thread's always going to be right at the top; all it would have taken was a few moments' glance to see that thread.

You know, aside from what Sniper Wolf said [which I agree wholeheartedly with], I simply do not feel at all inclined to help someone with that kind of attitude. You know how tired I am of "Help me NOW!" threads? The community is not here to serve you or anyone else in particular, and there are ways to going about asking questions. Try beginning with being a little nice, or maybe even a little humble. You'd be surprised how far it gets you, in this and in life in general.

First off Congratulations on NOT using milkshape. I have a cd called platium cd, and it contains some very useful tutorials. I will be happy to email them to you.

Harkauze, Sniper...Why must you insist on flaming. You know it only opens up hositilty. For future reference, ethier help or leave it alone.

Archived