Home

Why is my internet server list not loading??

Bird Of Prey!

i'm having the same problem. the game worked fine for me earlier tonight as well. i tried reinstalling several times and cannot get any servers to load in 1.04. they will however load with 1.02, good luck finding any servers that run it though. so from there i tried a fresh reinstall of 1.04 and again i get no servers. then thinking it may be a corrupt pk3 file removed all of then from my base file, and still no dice. this is really starting to piss me off. anyone with any solutions would be a godsend. BOP, what servers were you on earlier, and did you have allow downloads on? i dont recall picking anything up from the server, but who knows? maybe it could be some sort of virus. i was on gamesdomain.uk and barrysworld ffa

Im having the same problem so its not a virus or anything like that...I have no clue what is causing it. I also tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and no dice.

Tryed using Gamespy to find servers but all of those are lagged to hell and most are protocol 15 anyway.

Yes, this happens every so often. The last time i could not update my list, The "problem" did not fix itself untill the next evening. If you are having problems updating your server list as I have, try doing a favorites search. When i cannot get a full list, favorites always still works for me. If you havent any favorites, well.. next time you can update your list, be sure to add a few servers you play on alot to your fav list. ;) plan ahead.

untitled.jpg

Guest Darth Smaug

I have the same stupid problem..... I traveld 2 lucas something help.com..... The said thsi....

If you are unable to detect any Jedi Outcast Servers after clicking on the 'Get New List' option from the "Join Server" screen, make sure to click on the 'Source' option at the top of the page so that it changes to 'Internet'. Once this is done, click on 'Get New List' again or 'Refresh List' and you should be able to view any available Servers that are currently running.

If you still do not see games listed when you are connected to the Internet and you have set the game's multiplayer 'Source' option to 'Internet' then you are most likely behind a security firewall. Playing behind a firewall requires that you open specific ports for the game information to pass through unhindered.

The specific UDP ports that Jedi Outcast uses are 28060, 28061, 28062, and 28070 through 28081 (inclusive.) These ports need to be opened in the Out-bound direction to join games. They will also need to be opened in the In-bound direction if you want players outside of your firewall to be able to join your dedicated or non-dedicated servers behind your firewall.

Please consult your network administrator or your router manufacturer for information on how to set up these ports.

:rolleyes: What the hell is that.? I dont even have a firewall!:eek:

Guest Darth Smaug

I have the same stupid problem..... I traveld 2 lucas something help.com..... The said thsi....

If you are unable to detect any Jedi Outcast Servers after clicking on the 'Get New List' option from the "Join Server" screen, make sure to click on the 'Source' option at the top of the page so that it changes to 'Internet'. Once this is done, click on 'Get New List' again or 'Refresh List' and you should be able to view any available Servers that are currently running.

If you still do not see games listed when you are connected to the Internet and you have set the game's multiplayer 'Source' option to 'Internet' then you are most likely behind a security firewall. Playing behind a firewall requires that you open specific ports for the game information to pass through unhindered.

The specific UDP ports that Jedi Outcast uses are 28060, 28061, 28062, and 28070 through 28081 (inclusive.) These ports need to be opened in the Out-bound direction to join games. They will also need to be opened in the In-bound direction if you want players outside of your firewall to be able to join your dedicated or non-dedicated servers behind your firewall.

Please consult your network administrator or your router manufacturer for information on how to set up these ports.

:rolleyes: What the hell is that.? I dont even have a firewall!:eek:

Guest Darth Smaug

Will this say that the problem is solved???? The server is down?????

Is there only one server? I dont get anything.... :ewok:

Guest Darth Smaug

Will this say that the problem is solved???? The server is down?????

Is there only one server? I dont get anything.... :ewok:

good god...when this happened to me it was totally intermitent. one day it would work, the next no luck. i tried for about 2 weeks to make the game work reliably over my lan, but i would get this problem frequently, and nothing i did would resolve it. i tried the lucas help page, and there was nothing relevant there. i would get lucky sometimes, and then leave my comp on in order to play later that evening, or the next day. well, this was obviously not how it should be, so i called lucas tech . gee, what a help they were. after going through very basic questions, they obviously did not know, as they told me to go buy another copy of the game (as i was using one cd for my two machines ;D) citing that "the same disk will not work for two workstations" . yah right. then they advised that if i did not want to buy the game, to install the demo to see if that would work. well, needless to say there was not a chance in hell that i would install the demo, so i decided that i would ditch the existing operating system and do a clean install of the operating system. guess what.......jedi every night for the past 3 months!!!! yay!

my system:

pIII 600 slot , 256 mb sdram, 14 gig western digital, gforce4 mx 440 64mb ddr, win 98se, v1.04.

bummed on the clean wipe, stoked on the results. sorry 'bout your luck!:p

Archived