Home

Customization of stances and moves for individual models. Just need some advice.

blacklabfx

Hey guys! I need some direction on how to accomplish this. Think of this for a minute and tell me what you think.

When a modification is done to Jedi Outcast it usually affects all the models, skins, and characteristics in the game itself. For instance JediMoves changes the way all the models move .. but not individually. JediMod adds different stances and allows the Tavion and Dessan styles .. but again.. it always effects all of the models as a whole instead of individually. Even the Saber mod.. the moves affect all of the models in the game..

Now imagine, if you will, that it was possible to have each model with their own stance characteristics, and moves. Have the regular mod effect all the characters unless otherwise noted in a cfg file. For example. Darth Maul when using the Crouch plus backward he butterflies backward as in JediMoves Mod, when you use Luke He just back flips as in the regular unmodified game. Or - If you change to the Strong saber stance like in Saber mod Qui Gon holds the saber High above his head while Obi Wan holds his saber the traditional strong saber stance. Every character is different in their own right. I can't see a Jawa doing a cartwheel the same way Darth Maul would.. anyway you get the idea. Now I'm not thinking of just making a ****-load of new moves.. but just using the animations and so fourth of what already exists in the existing game and existing modifications. I got to thinking about it when you can customize the heights with various models of the game with JediMod 1.0. You can have various heights with different models.. why not different moves and stances in a CFG file.

K-Man, my apologies if this is supposed to be in the coding forum instead of general editing. Wasn't really sure where this needed to go. If this needs to go into the coding forum let me know, and I can post it there.

In the meantime, if you have any other ideas on how to improve this or to help implement this, let me know. ... Until then.. I'll be Looking over the existing mods and toying around with this to see if it can be done.

I'm not sure if this is possible at the moment, but I support your idea fully. It's one I and others have raised; personally I was thinking about an animation set for the character Maw.

Here's the thing, the way I see it. Currently, Raven is working on the side to create a way for us to make changes to animations. Even create new ones. Stepping back from that for a moment, Reborn act differently than Desann, just as Kyle acts differently then Jan, and so on. As Ig mentioned, it has to do with the class the character has. Moving back forward again, if Raven is allowing us to edit animations, and if the set of animations a particular character uses is controlled by his class, then it stands to reason that, whether or not it is possible now, it will be possible in the future to edit classes.

That also means we will be able to modify using the class a model's perpensity towards certain moves, such as the Force powers or the more acrobatic techniques. For SP, this opens up an ENTIRE new realm; for MP, this could give birth to brand new modding ideas entirely.

For now, all I can say is that I look forward to seeing what can be done with this.

~ Michael

Archived