Home

Why did...

Guest Darth skywalker

Guest Darth skywalker

Obi-wan disappear right away after Vader killed him?And also why didnt Qui-Gon disappear in episode 1?

------------------

darthsw.jpg

*Darth Skywalker*

*Sith lord*

Guest Darth Calypso

good question, perhaps obi was more in tune w/the force than qui gon at the time of his demise

------------------

bobamap.map?563,223

"you're no good to me dead"

-calypso

Guest Darth Trunks

same thing with Yoda, i think thats the reason Cylypso, because Yoda disaperead right away too. Good Call

------------------

DarthTrunks.jpg

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Obi wan disappeared before vader ever hit him. He went into a trance and closed his eyes and vanished just as yoda did.

------------------

kenobi.jpg

Father Barnabas Antilies, Supreme Chancelor

Guest Acid_Rain327

Hehe, you people are going to draw every single one of my theories out aren't you? =]

I believe that the matter you speak of deals with a skill learned and passed on by Jedi.

It allows them to retain their identities after becoming one with the Force.

Yoda knew this skill, and had passed it on to Obi-Wan. One of the many objectives Obi-Wan had in the time he spent on Tatooine was learning to master this skill.

As we all know, Obi-Wan did master this skill, and it was crutial in both his fate, and that of the galaxy. "I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine..." refers to Obi-Wan's knowing he will become one with the Force - the ultimate peak of a Jedi's existance.

Of course, in order to use the skill, one must be in complete focus with the Greater Force - hence Obi-Wan's calm posterior just prior to Vader's striking him - he was preparing himself to become one with the Force, and to retain his identity. Hence, he faded instantly because he was able to become one with the Force in that instant, instead of being lost.

This also accounts for Yoda's fading away - he and Obi-Wan both became one with the Force the instant their lives ended, and they retained their identities rather than being lost after death.

Obviously, Anakin Skywalker had picked up this skill somewhere during the course of his life. Rick McCallum has stated that Anakin did fade away, and it was meerly his armor which was purged within the pyre on Endor. This accounts for how Anakin was able to appear with Yoda and Obi-Wan as a Jedi spirit on Endor.

I think Qui-Gon did not fade away because he either did not know the skill, or perhaps he did know the skill, but was so in tune with Living Force, rather than the centering of one's self in the Greater Force, which is so crutial in this skill. He was always talking about being mindful of the Living Force - even contradicting Yoda's lesson to Obi-Wan. Therefore, I do not believe he was in tune enough with the Greater Force to be able to implement the ability to retain himself after death. Therefore, his body remained after his spirit had departed.

Another contribution to Qui-Gon's fate was the fact that he was not prepared to perish as both Obi-Wan and Yoda were. Qui-Gon was completely stunned upon being bested by Maul, and was unprepared for his life's end.

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited April 28, 2000).]

Guest Darth Calypso

that brings back memories, when my bro and i first watched ANH together, after obi was killed, sinse there was no body, he said that simply: "obi-wan must just be running aroung naked somewhere!" LoL

------------------

bobamap.map?563,223

-calypso

Guest Darth Calypso

acid rain, all of the stuff you putt here sounds so right, your brain must wiegh so much! biggrin.gif

------------------

bobamap.map?563,223

-calypso

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Darth Calypso,

You seem to be very funny "....your brain must weigh alot..." If you continue in this matter you will be considered for the Un-Council. Our sith member needs another Sith.

------------------

kenobi.jpg

Guest Darth skywalker

This is one of those moments that make me feel like if im not accepted anywhere.I think ill start my own thing that many people can join in ill think about it.

------------------

darthsw.jpg

*Darth Skywalker*

*Sith lord*

Guest Plo Koon

You know I was thinking the same thing when Qui-Gon didn't disappear. I came up with something exactly like what Acid Rain said. That was wierd. I didn't post it because Acid Rain said what I was going to say.

------------------

plo_koon.jpg

[This message has been edited by Plo Koon (edited April 28, 2000).]

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Darth Skywalker, you lack enough humorous posts to be in the Un-Council. You should try some.

------------------

kenobi.jpg

Guest Darth Shinigami

whadda ya mean supreme chancellor?! this guy is extreemly funny

------------------

shinigami.jpg Darth Shinigami, Sith-in-training

this is shinigami, i think im gettin control of my dark side... yay!

[This message has been edited by Darth Shinigami (edited April 28, 2000).]

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Maybe I just go into the wrong threads.

He has never expressed interest in the Un-Council.

------------------

kenobi.jpg

Guest Darth skywalker

Alright man you just pissed me off im gonna kick your a** through the computer hope you dont mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Darth skywalker

Im starting my own unfunny guys who sometimes pushes around,get there gamesharks stolen by a stupid black wannabe,dont get accepted anywhere,Give stuff to people for free but still the people continue to be a**holes,cant join anything on this board,cant get the rare star wars figures for the movie theyre currently making,cant join the un-council.

Who wants to join first.

------------------

darthsw.jpg

*Darth Skywalker*

*Sith lord*

Guest Barnabas Antilies

I wasn't aware you wanted to be on the Un-Council. Why aren't you trying for Sith order? Do you think Un-Council is better? And if so why?

------------------

kenobi.jpg

Guest Darth skywalker

Hey yeah the sith order ill think about it.

------------------

darthsw.jpg

*Darth Skywalker*

*Sith lord*

Archived