Home

GLM Exporting

delquar

At the risk of incurring some young upstart's wrath, I have to ask, please can somebody give me a URL to something that will convert my MD3s to GLMs?

I have downloaded MD3View from half a dozen different places and none of the copies will export the models. The Export To GLM option is shaded over and when I check the source, the function that exports to GLM format simply prints a message saying that source is not public yet.

Of course if by now somebody has a GLM exporter for Gmax, that'd be great.

Cheers guys,

wb

Alright

*cough* heres what yah do..

Gmax to Jk2! wow what a conversion

save it as a md3, from md3 go to http://www.righthemisphere.com or download.com and use deep exploration (or 3d exploration) and batch convert it into a xsi (model.xsi)

now theres one thing to assume: that your md3 you export from gmax is esseintial your whole 3d model..just in md3 format:p

so convert it to an xsi, and then use the good all carcASS and ASSimilate to convert it all nicely (be sure to edit it manual by hand so the animations are wrote correctly, open the .car file in notepad and change the directory to the gla animation to _humanoid/gla, save the .car file in your model/player/wtf dir, and make sure your model.xsi is in your model/player/wtf dir and that it

A) each segment is less than 250 vertices

B) has the same mapping Material ID

( use 1 )

oh and make sure when you edit the car file in notepad that it poitns to your directory of the model..model/player/wtf)

err and then jsut export

theortically it should work

You can also try converting to md3 and using milkshape for the conversion

Send a letter to discrteet about how horrible they support gMax btw, becuase its a fine product and this is why Milkshape owns it, becuase they actually "update" milkshake,shape, whatever:p nJoy

::dA::

:jawa

Archived