Home

Modview Help

blacklabfx

Hey guys.. just need a little bit of help. I've looked thru the forums to try to figure it out for myself... and looked thru some tutorials.. and still cannot find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm using modview to open a glm file. However I get an error message R_LoadMDXM: missing animation file models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid for mesh model.glm

I know where this directory is located... and there are no files there.

Can someone direct me on how to fix this problem?

I'm only assuming that either a file from the asset0.pkg file or some other .pkg file has this. and it needs to be put into this folder ... or I need to find this _humanoid for mesh model.glm file.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Yup. You get the _humanoid.glm (together with the animation.cfg) from the corresponding directory in assets0.pk3. You just place them in the models/plyers/_humanoid directory within your jk2 directory (assuming you have assimilate set up correctly and have it pointed there [or to wherever your setup needs]).

This should sort out many problems. But don't forget the easiest way to compile a glm is to open a model.car file (stormtrooper should have one) and edit the last of the four lines to suit your model. Then open the car file in assimilate and build.

Archived