Home

Help Real Quick!!!

chrisrogers

...I've seen more and more links to this tut. And the tag section isn't even 100% right. Ok 2 methods, 1 long 1 short.

1 (long method) - there's a snap tool. Right click on it and make sure grid snap is checked. Then create a face in sub-object mode with grid snap on. Make the first edge one unit(grid square) long down, then make the second side 2 units(grid squares) across, and finally turn off snap and connect the 2 open ends and you have a 30-60-90 triangle or as is said a Tag.

2 (shorter method) - run Pop n Fresh's MD3 import script and press the create Tag button. ;)

As for the tutorial, it says the blade runs along the short side of the tag, but it's actually the long side. And there's one more tag for where the hand connect to the saber called tag_parent. Same orientation rule applies. Though apparently he put it in game without the parent tag.

On the utilities tab(last tab) there should be a button for maxscript (or not because I tweaked my UI a bit). At any rate you can "run" a maxscript from the menu bar I'm sure. It will open up a rollout on the utilities tab for maxscript where there will be 3 buttons. Press run then use the browse window to point to the script file you just downloaded. This adds it to the drop down selection box and it looks like it did something, but it hasn't been "activated yet. You have to click the drop down and select it even though it already looks like it is. Then another rollout will appear under ther maxscript rollout for the MD3 script with a few more useful buttons. One of which (the last one) will be the create tag you're looking for.

I if you hit the create new tag button zoom in to the origin (0,0,0) and there should be a single right triangle laying on the ground. Works for me.

another thing you can do if that doesn't work is to open up the assets0.pk3. Browse to models/weapons2/saber and copy the saber_w.md3. Use the script to import the MD3. Delete everything but the two tags. Save the file, then merge it with your saber then just rearange stuff.

Archived