Home

Importin root.xsi into 3d studio Max

Mr.Blonde

I am using R3 not 4, and i dont see anything like that, but thank you for replying, my god i cant get anyone to reply to any question i ask it seems like everyone's a bunch of dickheads here now like the forum really changed alot sense i registered here where a person would be gald to help you out but i guess freakin not anymore, and i want to thank you for at least taking the time to reply to my thread! :)

ouch

ya just give it time, if they dont' answere its most likely cuz they are not sure or don't know the answere.

for r3 i would do a google search for max and plugin. i'm not sure it exists though.

Ok new problem, i downloaded a plugin from Raven and when i try to import root.xst it says this operation is disabled in the crippler version of the program. What the hell does that mean? It is called Raven XSI Import i think, oh and does anybody know anything about the texture not showing up in the view window, cause i doesnt, it only comes up when i render the model, can i switch an option on so i can see the model textured in the viewport window??

The plugins Raven released will only work with Max R4, not R3. There are no availiable plugins to import/export the correct .XSI format.

In regards to the viewport texturing, you will find this in the Material editior. Go into your map, then to the part where specify the .BMP file (the diffuse map slot), and there will be a button that looks like a cube with blue and white checkering on it. Click that, and you texture should display in the viewport. You will need to do this for each texture. Hope this helps.

The Plugin, how the heck do i activate it, lol this is wierd....

Kind of an open door but ..... you call Discreet, give them a ####load of $ and they'll give you the code to activate 3d studio max :p

A cheaper yet illegal way would be to obtain this code via the internet.

Archived