Home

Troubleshooting skin

Chewie Bakker

HELP ME!

Since I'm pretty new to skinning, so I thought I'd try something relatively easy. I tired of the fact that Al McDonald's Episode I Obi-Wan skin didn't have team colours, so I went into Photoshop, put the magic wand on all of the tunic bits, and tinted them blue and red.

I followed this skinning tutorial (mainly the relevant "How do I make the red and blue team-play skins for my skin (so the skin can be used in team multiplayer games like Team FFA, CTF and CTY)?" section) and I loaded up Jedi Outcast.

Once I had the skin loaded up I found that the skins worked fine in non-team games (I tinted the white parts of obi-wans tunic at about 30% opacity), but whem I tried to use it in Team FFA it defaulted to the Luke Skywalker skin.

:nut:

Could someone please tell me what I might have done wrong?

I followed the tutorial word-for-word, but not the whole thing. The whole tutorial says how to make a skin, I was just modifying Al's Obi-Wan skin.

:doh::animelol:

You do have a very good point, though. When I first did the team skins they didn't work. I consulted the manual and saw that it said to copy the .SKIN file and then paste it, where I only copied the insides, changed it in notepad, and then saved it as a .SKIN file. Once I just copied the actual .SKIN file it worked (to the point it does now).

:giveup:

I'll keep looking for error's that I might have made, looking back-and-forth between the tutorial and the steps I took, but in the meantime if anyone's ran across this problem before and overcome it, please post your experience in this thread.

...and I might have a Guiness or two. :guiness:

*EDIT* Removed the "was" from "Once I just copied the actual .SKIN file it was worked"

Archived