Home

WIP: Sinya baton-style light saber...

GabrielXen

Sinya, from what I gather, was a Twi'lek that worked as a body guard... Supposedly, she wasn't a "force user", but had light sabers that were shaped kinda like a policeman's night stick... I've got the actual model made, so now I'm gonna try different ways to hold it in-game to see what works the best... Too bad you can't twirl them around and stuff....

-Gabriel-

:c3po:

Whoa. I'm liking this idea lots. You just made my day...or night, rather. Or whatever. Heh..I'd love to help in any way I could...too bad I can't...I tried to look around on the tools, and I got lost immediately. Too bad I'm such a newb with the tools, ;.; Anyway. I'd really love to see this. You could probably just model the single, and then using Jedimod, you could have a second. You probably already thought of that though...so I'll stop rambling.

Unless I decide in the next day or so to re-do the skin, then the first model(the solid silver one) is completely done... I played with it in-game, and it's pretty tricky... lol I actually saw another saber here that was the same concept, but it wasn't Sinya's...

As for the second baton, I'll make it after I decide about the skin and maybe release both of them as a two pack... If anybody wants to help with the skin, give me an e-mail... If anybody wants to try out the "beta" version, give me an e-mail... You can try it and see what you think...

-Gabriel-

:c3po:

Heh...check my tonfa saber on jediknightii or jk2files :) It was my first weapon model for a game. Some-one later pointed out that this Sinya character had lightsabers like this...

The fighting animations do end up looking cool, but you'll have to adjust your style of fighting a bit. The saberthrow looks dead wicked though :)

Archived