Home

How to make .zip files to .pk3?

EmilB

Hi

Okay...I followed this guide on to replace SP characters with MP downloaded ones. I think I did it right, and I made a winzip file called Kyle, with Mace Windu inside. But my prob is, that in the folder, its just called "Kyle", not "Kyle.zip". It is a zip file, but I cant find any place to change it into a pk3.

I can go into properties and see, that there, it is called kyle.zip, but in there, I cant change the damn thing!

So thats my question, how/where in the name of the Force can I change it?

In advance, thx

Emile

When you have the folder that you want to zip, right click, hit add to zip, and where it says target name, or something, erase .zip and put in .pk3. It will compress like a normal zip file from there and it will be .pk3.

EDIT: Oh, it won't work on the zip file you have to do that on the folder where you had put all the files in to change etc. Thought I'd clear that up.

1. Open an existing pk3 file wit hwinzip, delete all files in it and add new ones.

2. Open a folder and open Tools -> Folder Options. On the tab "View" or "show" (I don't have an english version of Windows), there is an option, "Hide extensions for registered file types" or something. Uncheck it to see the extensions of all files.

Archived