Home

Information.

Mudsquirti

Can anyone help me locate a step-bystep, comprehensive guide to downloading and installing mod, skin, map files into SP and MP.

i cant seem to get it right everytime i try to download one it never shows up in my load mod screen at the start of JO. im not doing something right. please im no programmer and my knowledge in chabging file names making batch files etc is not that good. although im not retarded i would like to view a detailed instruction. by the way i am extracting the zip files into my game data base folder. its just not working im leaving out a couple of steps somewhere. thanks

Mud.

Skins, models, and maps will show up in the player and map selection menus for multiplayer just like normal skins, models and maps. They won't show up in the Mod menu in the setup section.

Mods may require being extracted into their own folder, i.e. GameData\JediMod rather than GameData\Base. Extracting it to GameData\Base\JediMod probably won't work right either.

Other, simpler mods can simply be extracted to GameData\Base, just like skins or maps, and they become "always on", so to speak.

If all else fails, consult the readme, it should make a distinction as to where to install the PK3 files and everything else.

I hope I've been of some use. :r5d4:

Archived