Home

SP yoda model

Araegon

I tried for about 5 hours yesterday to get yoda to work in SP, well, i finally got the model to work with the correct scale.

But the weapons are a little bit of a problem. The lightsaber sticks straight up through the middle of yoda, allowing yoda to only use the saber throw, no other saber attacks. And the other weapons are at his feet.

now my question is: is it possible to fix this little problem?

i've already tried making a new NPC and replacing an old one, so those two are alredy out. the only thing i can think of is that there is something wrong with the model file it self (which i greatly doubt), or is there another line of code that needs to be in the NPCs file to fix this?

and if any one has already gotten this to work, please reply telling how you did it.

I have made a new npc for him.

There is a thread about it somewhere.

I guess you have done all the things that are required (calling him "jediyoda" making sure that the model is placed in the right place).

Anyway check around general editing I'm sure the thread is around there somewhere.

I'm sorry I'm not more af help but it's a pretty long process and I'm not that good at explaining stuff.

both. i was able to seccessfully make the game use the yoda model instead of the kyle model for your player. i also succeded in changing luke to yoda as well.

however, like i said, the saber and other weapons are not working very well, and this is what i'm trying to fix.

and again, if anyone has any ideas as to how to make this work, please post them here, even if you havn't tried them, cause i'm willing to try anything to get this to work.

I have tons of npcs that I made using custom models.

None of them work.

Except one.

He's the odd one out, I used the jedi_tyrion model, and his saber is in the right place and everything. At first all of them were named by the model. Then I made tyrion a jedi3, and he still works.

But usin the gungan and wookiee models in the exact same way?

Nope, jedi4 and 5 don't work at all.

Neither does my sith_tyrion, or mandalorians, or jar-jar, or...

You get the point.

Any ideas?:confused:

I'm so confused...

*peers at her other post...and posts here, too* I can't even make ANY of the models resize...period. I'm even having trouble making it work with JediMod...can't figure out how. And I've BEEN wanting to do it for SP, so I can see if I can take a crack at making Yoda work...but I can't figure out how to alter the sizes in npcs.cfg.

jedimod dosn't work in SP, so the only way to do it in SP is to mess around with the npcs.

there are 2 ways to make yoda small.

1) ad a line of code that says

hight 40

however, i'm unsure if this works, for i havn't tested this one.

2) scale the model by adding in the scale codes to the yoda npc.

to find the scale codes, look around the directory of codes at the top of the npc file, they should be something like scalex, scaley, scalez.

scaleX is his legnth

scaleY is his height

scaleZ is his with

ok everyone, i think i have an idea to make this work!!!! :D :D :D:p :p

i'm not sure if it will do anything at all, but i was going through the npc file, and i saw that certain models that are not at the same size as kyle (and other normal models) have a line of code that says 'height' but they have no scaling codes.

so, my idea is to ad a line of code that changed yoda's hight from normal to say about the size of R2D2.

i post back a bit later to tell you all if it worked.

Bommerman: as you've probably been told already, it is impossible (or near impossible) to scale kyle. because even if you do change the kyle file in the NPC, it will not do much. bceause NPC stands for Non Player Character. In other words, NOT the player that you use.

though yes i will try to make both the kyle and munro models shorter, so that yoda will work. but theres no guarentes!!!

i will post again in 1-2 hours with the results of my new test for both NPC yoda and Player Yoda.

Thank You.

And as usual, if anyone has any other sugestions, please feel free to tell me and i will try them.

Archived