Home

Attention Player Modelers: Multiple Taunt Sounds.

Dest

I've notced that a lot of models have aditional taunt sounds included in their pk3 files. For this reason I have included the ability for multiple taunt sounds to be played in JediMod v1.2. It will automatically find the taunt sounds as long as they are named one of the following:

taunt.wav, taunt1.wav, taunt2.wav, taunt3.wav, taunt4.wav, taunt5.wav, taunta.wav, tauntb.wav, tauntc.wav, tauntd.wav, taunte.wav, tauntf.wav

This means you can have up to 12 taunt sounds for your models. The way I have JediMod v1.2 now, whenever the user does +taunt it randomly picks an avalible taunt sound to use. So if you want your models to be able to use multiple taunt sounds in JediMod v1.2 and other mods with multiple taunt sound support just name them like I have shown.

:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

You are great Dest!!

Not like you had to make me any more happy (your previous mods have already done that enough to last me a life time) but this addition has made me bring out the elephants and begin to dance! Everyone get up and Dance!! :elephant:

-forgive me for my sillyness, but I'm in my birthday celebratory mode :)

I may be in my 20's, but I feel like I'm going on 4 years old (well maybe 5).

I was going to ask about the .mp3's too, heh.

Two Questions: Will the traditional taunt.mp3 still be assignable to one key on it's own? And can you assign any speciffic taunt (taunta, tauntb, taunte, etc.) to one key on it's own?

Great job Dest! This will surely help out with the creativity level and the immersion level for the great model makers around here!

Lets give Three - no wait - Twelve Cheers to Dest!

-nomad

MTFBWY

That's great. But I'd like to know if you're gonna mend the problem with the saber textures in v1.2. I've gone through what everybody else suggested in various threads, but I have still been unable to actually get it to work.

I think I'll have a command like /taunt 0 /taunt 1 etc. If the model had only the default taunt then only /taunt 0 would work if it had one extra taunt then taunt 0 and taunt 1 would work... you get the picture.

I've done the editing of the saber_w.glm file thing, and it STILL didn't work. I'm not sure if I opened it in the right program, though, since a lot of what was in there was just black boxes. But I still managed to find the path to the texture file. Is Notepad even a Hex editor, or should I be using something else?

I also tried adding in the .skin file, but I'm not sure if I got it right.

How exactly does it go?

main,model/weapons2/saber/saber.jpg

Or is it something different?

Thanks Dest, Very cool!

So with taunt 0 you could bind the "default" taunt to a key, and with taunt 1 you could bind the "default" taunt to one key and the "extra random" taunts to one other key? (just correct me if I'm wrong there)

It would be great to be able to bind any taunt by it's speciffic name as well (/bind x +taunta, or taunt3, etc.), but do what ever you must. Any addition on this level is a huge bonus.

I know Garik Loran once made a mod that enabled three taunts to be played in numerical order each time you pressed the bound key. That mod may be of interest to you if you wanted to see some of the possibilities. Anyway, I'll stop pestering you, heh, you've got a lot on your hands right now. Best of luck!

-nomad

MTFBWY

Thanks Dest. That's great. I've been using Garik's mod to play more than one taunt at a time, but it only used a maximum of 3 taunts and it wouldn't work with the Jedi mod. So I always had to choose between them.

I am glad you are adding that additional feature to Jedimod. How many taunts maximum will it cycle through?

And when do you expect to release the new mod?

Thanks again. Great work.

I've also written code to play any sound in the current model's misc path.

Syntax : playsound soundname

example, if you want to play death1.mp3,

/playsound death1.mp3

This is slightly different, but it might be a cool thing to add to another mod, such as JediMod (hint hint).

Archived