Home

Depressing news about Ki-Adi

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Was just contacted by an official (claiming to be) from Gameshark. Apparently they wanted to "clear up" my confusion about how the GameShark affected JPB (hehehe).

He said they had hacked many codes, level select, unlock all levels, unlock all characters, ultimate lightsaber, unlimited health, unlimited force, and (get this! unlimited force-jumping, effectively giving you the ability to fly (I'm there)!

But he said there were no codes for unlocking Yoda, Ki--Adi, or Dom Deluise...

Which I take to be strong evidence that our quest for Ki-Adi is fruitless; why would they be able to unlock all those other codes but not Yoda or Ki-Adi?

More mounting evidence, in my opinion, that ol' purplesaber's not in the game at all.

Sigh!

(Wart hangs himself)

------------------

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest ShadeShifter

Sad, very sad.

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

But, I will continue to search....

------------------

newsig.jpg

Guest 84Elan

I still can not believe that their would be five coucil positions and only 3 hidden charaters. Lucas is no fool I mean he kept the nabbo fighter secret on rouge Squad for months so lets keep the faith. Game shark or no we must wait and the solution will present itself.

------------------

Remember...Your Focus Determins your Reality....

Guest Maul Clone

Tons of people hacked and hacked into Rogue Squadron for 6 months trying to find more ships. They thought it was over, then LucasArts announced the Naboo Starfighter code. If they want to hide something away in code where nobody can find it, believe me they can......they have done it before.

Ki-Adi is in the game, I promise you.

------------------

clone.jpg

Founder and Emperor of The Sith Order

Guest Darth skywalker

Maybe you have to beat it with a certain hidden character.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest Argath

FYI, a few XvT editors and I found the Naboo fighter in the game a few days after the demo was released. A section in the game's executable file had ship listings and what I assume were stats, and the Naboo fighter was included. Unfortunately, we were unable to enable it, as the model and several other aspects were missing, which we later found out when LEC released a downloadable patch. The fighter was included in the N64 version of the game when it was released.

Of course, this doesn't really have much to do with JPB, as it is a Playstation game.

Guest BigBud

Dark Skywalker, Do you have the game? biggrin.gif

------------------

TAKE YOUR PICK, AND CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY

bigbud.jpg

Guest Darth_Maul

I would assume that games on gaming systems would be harder to find as opposed to computer games because look at how many hacks and whatnot there are for computer games compared to ones for console games. Have faith and trust in the force, Lucas has to have something up his slave... he has in the past with his game. Just be patient, I suppose.

------------------

darthmaul.jpg

Darth Maul

Dark Lord of the Sith Order

There is no peace, there is anger.

There is no fear, there is power.

There is no death, there is immortality.

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

-Dark Jedi Code

Guest Darth skywalker

No not yet.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest Thermal

There is a diference tho between Playstation and PC games. Like Argath said, the reason no one could find the Naboo fighter in Rogue Squadron on the PC is because it wasn't really there, there weren't enough files to actually unlock and play it. As far as the N64 version goes, the announcement was made at the same week that that version was released, so although the idea to have the fighter in the game was hidden until the N64 version could be released, the wasn't any way to play the fighter.

I have to go along with what some one said in another post; the credit was probably something that was simply cut from the game. But who knows. Far be it from me to tell some one that they can't hope smile.gif

(I did want to say tho that George Lucas actually has very little to do with most of these games other than give his consent, so a descision like this wouldn't be made by him but by the game designers)

Guest Maul Clone

Well, the search for more fighters in Rogue Squadron was intense, yet nobody found for the 6 months the N64 version was out. The N64 version was out for 6 months when the code was released, not just the PC version. They hid it so well that to my knowledge, no one has for the Naboo Starfighter data in the N64 version yet. LucasArts is notorious for hiding these kinds of codes very very well.

And if Ki-Adi was cut, I think that developer would have just said he was cut, rather than saying "you will have to wait."

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think he isn't in the game. I know it's a bummer to wait till October 4th, but that doesn't change all the facts about Ki-Adi.

Besides, from what I understand JPB has been in development for some time, more than enough time to put in Ki-Adi.

If it was any other company but LucasArts, I would also say he was cut. But I've played this game with LucasArts before and I know better this time.

By the way, show me any example of a character's image or voice that remained in a game's credits after they were cut out. Mortal Kombat always cuts unfinished characters out, and they are never in the credits, never.

Guest Hannibal

No Dom Deluise!!! I'm taking it back. Or selling it. Anyone want to buy a slightly used copy of....What was I talking about? Oh yeah. So then I says to Mabel, I says....

------------------

colorlecter.jpg

Man-eating vice-president of the Un-Council

Guest Thermal

Hey, I hope he IS in the game. KiAdi rules! I just personally don't think he is. But I'll be the first person to eat crow if it means that I get to play him! smile.gif

BTW, why do u think they'll tell us on October 4th if he's in the game at all? Does Lucasarts just generally release cheats or codes 6 months after a game comes out?

Guest Darth_Maul

yes, usually after 6 months, the big code(s) is/are released

------------------

darthmaul.jpg

Darth Maul

Dark Lord of the Sith Order

Fear. Fear attracts the fearfull. The strong.....the weak....the innocent.

Fear is my ally.

I will not give up the hunt for Ki-Adi untill Lucas Arts either releases how to get him, or tells us that he dosnt exist in the game. To help hurry their decision, i hereby boycott sanity untill they tell us whats up with the purple-saber jedi

------------------

medieval-300.jpg

The Un-Council's Disgruntled Bounty Hunter

-Calypso

Guest Maul Clone

Originally posted by Jedi Calypso:

I will not give up the hunt for Ki-Adi untill Lucas Arts either releases how to get him, or tells us that he dosnt exist in the game. To help hurry their decision, i hereby boycott sanity untill they tell us whats up with the purple-saber jedi

he he, I'm with you. I tried last night to use the old Super Empire Strikes Back cheat code on JPB.

And today I've been opening JPB files with wordpad, looking those all the garbage code for Ki-Adi. I got one open that talks about all sorts of weird stuff and the secrets we already know, but no mention at all of Ki-Adi.

------------------

clone.jpg

Founder and Emperor of The Sith Order

hmm,.. interesting, maul clone, what are the chances of you sending me a copy of these hacked codes you found, i know that you said we already know them all, ut id like to check them out none-the-less

------------------

medieval-300.jpg

The Un-Council's Disgruntled Bounty Hunter

-Calypso

Guest Darth_Talon

so someone tried my idea about putting JPB in the computer? Interesting......

------------------

darthtalon.jpg

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-Dark Helmet to LoneStar (Spaceballs)

Guest Plo Koon

I also hope that Ki-Adi is in the game. But, I also have to say that sometimes they do forget to take things out of the credits. I mean, I found all sorts of typos in the Prima Guide and in the little booklet for PSX.

I will NEVER give up hope, but it is very possible he isn't in the game.

------------------

plo_koon.jpg

Guest Darth_Talon

what things did you find wrong in the little PSX booklet?

------------------

darthtalon.jpg

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-Dark Helmet to LoneStar (Spaceballs)

Archived