Home

Gameshark Queries

Guest Dave Maul

Guest Dave Maul

Can someone (preferably Wart, as he knows a lot about the JPB codes) help answer these question about a gameshark; I've spent several weeks trying to kill Maul with Plo Koon, and I'm giving up.

1. How much did you guys get a gameshark for?

2. Does using a gameshark have a permenant effect on the PlayStation console, game disc or Memory card?

3. Is it worth getting one for this game?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Guest Jedi Kanigget

1. I bought mine (The most recent edition: Version 3.3) for $40.

2. Not that I have seen. If you save while certain GameShark codes are in effect during your game, when you bring the game back up, the codes will still be working.

3. It depends on how much of this game you have beaten. In my case, I wanted to play as Maul ASAP, so I bought one then needing it. I have used it on other games as well (In Resident Evil there's some pretty strange codes. I.E. playing as Jill with Chris' voice and storyline.) so that way might make it worth the money.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited July 02, 2000).]

Guest Darth Wart

1. The latest edition is about 50 bucks.

2. Never on the game disk; it COULD conceivably fry your playstation, but that's only if you actively try to hack your own codes. If you just punch in others you have found, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

3. In my opinion, the Infinite Jumping code alone is worth the price of the GS. That's the reason I bought mine, and I was not disappointed. You really learn a lot about the game using it.

And like my buddy Kaniggie says, remember that the GS will be good for practically every game you have for PSX.

On Plo vs. Maul, I'm gonna post something on that very topic tonight. Keep your eyes peeled.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Archived