Home

Replacing NPC's.

Stan_Tencza

Hey Folks.

As far as I know, there are two ways to REPLACE an NPC in JK2. One way is to place the NEW model files in the OLD model's folder (in models/players). The other way is to edit the NPCS.TXT file to a new model's folder. You know... like this...

StormTrooper

{

playerModel battledroid

However... when I do it like this, the gun appears near the private's privates. I tried replacing each variation of the stormtrooper with a battle droid (and the stormtrooper officer with the yellow-headed droid). Each time, the gun appears in his crotch.

When I put the battle droid model files in each stormtrooper model folder, such as Stormtrooper, STOfficer, Swamptrooper, etc., that didn't happen.

So what I'm asking is, how come when I tell NPCS.TXT to change the stormtrooper's model to the battle droid's it messes up the weapon location? And how do you fix this?

-Thanks in advance.

Yeha, i'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, i don't think we're going to get much help because, apparently, all the people who know the solution are too busy bickering with each other.

Trial and error, i guess.

Aeon.

Thanks for letting me know someone else is having the same problem. This isn't even the general forum: this is the editing forum. Someone knows how to do it. It bothers me also that some people use forums to argue and put other people down. But, whatever puts them to sleep.

Archived