Home

Need help Importing root.xsi into Max

Mr.Blonde

Ok i have been trying to do this for a while now and have posted but didn't get any replies so, i have Max 4.2 and downloaded Raven's XSI Importer, i extracted the files into the plugins folder and now when i open up Max it say "DLL <C:\3dsmax4\Plugins\sofimp.DLO> failed to initialize" and "DLL <C:\3dsmax4\Plugins\specmesh.DLM> failed to initialize". So then i tried to run this program tht came with the files called gprep and i get This (right click on this and copy shortcut into adress window)

what do i need to do here i need to import the root.xsi file imto max so i can build my character around it, but it wont let me import cause the thing aint working, HELP PLEASE!!

Edit: and that gprep.txt where it says the errors are logged into it says ********ERROR SUMMARY and that is it.

Very odd...try this, maybe it'll help:

-delete the files which are giving you problems (back them up first to a directory not in your 3dsmax directory).

-copy the files vdmexp.dle and XSIImporter from

\jk2\GameData\Tools\Max4Tools to 3dsmax\plugins and run 3dsmax.

Thing is, sofimp.dlo seems to be an importer for Soldier of Fortune (call that an informed guess, as I've not come across this file before)...not what you need. As for the specmesh.dlo...not a clue what that is; I don't have it in my max folder, that's for sure.

And then this file 'gprep' you said came with the files. Well, it didn't with the jk2 editing files or SDK. I'm guessing you installed the soldier of fortune SDK instead of the jk2 one...

Archived