Home

A clarification about the Ultimate Lightsaber

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Apparently many people believe that the Ultimate Lightsaber "kills all your enemies on one stroke (boss monsters excluded), just like a real lightsaber would."

I used to believe this, too.

Here is the reality:

The Ultimate Lightsaber does 5 hit points of damage. Given that most monsters (e.g. the green mercenaries on Coruscant) are three hit points or less, yeah, it does manage to kill most monsters in a single blow.

Some monsters (commander droids, for example, the droids with the yellow heads), are EXACTLY five hit points, so they'll be killed in one blow, too.

But droidekas (the rolling droids) are 6 hit points (except on level 8), which explains why you need two hits to kill them.

The young Anakin, also, is 6 hit points. You can only kill him with the Ultimate Lightsaber in one stroke if a Tusken Raider also happens to hit him at roughly the same time, because then he will receive the full 6 points he needs to die.

On Maul (level 10), the Ultimate Lightsaber doesn't make a difference, EXCEPT IN THE FINAL ROOM. In all the other rooms, you simply need to hit him a certain number of times with anything. In the final room, his death is definitely damage-based. So if you've turned off the Ultimate Saber on level 10, suspecting that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to Maul, you're right. Just make sure you turn it on in the very final room.

Everybody understand? Any arguments?

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Dave Maul

Sounds correct to me.

When you say "last room", does that mean the room with the Melting Pit, or the forcefield rooms in general (starting from the checkpoint)?

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

[This message has been edited by Dave Maul (edited July 05, 2000).]

Guest ShadeShifter

I've also noticed that Maul is the only boss that can block the Ultimate Saber. Both the Gungan Boss and the Mercenary Boss cannot block the Ultimate Saber.

------------------

newsig3.jpg

Come to the TimeSlide.

Thanks to Jedi Kanigget for the pic.

Guest Stormtrooper

I think that Level 10 is the best but (i haven't completed it yet) i find darth mauls blocking really annoyed. I mean, I'm Mace Windu and I use Saber's Tornado (S,S,T,T) and he blocks half the hits. Also, any idea on how to get that combo bonus on level 9?...

On 1 player i mean- 2 player bonuses are simple.

Guest darth superiorblood

If you want to defeat Maul with Mace Windu, I think the best combo to use is the SSSXL2 combo. If you don't want to do all of those moves, try the SSL2 combo. Darth Maul always has a hard time getting out of that yo-yo lightsaber move.

Guest Stormtrooper

Well Anyway I have a guide and it doesn't really help coz it says to go through really quick. I think the combo on it is SSSXL2 so i cant use that.

Id also like 2 know- when you collect the gungan artifacts do you then have to complete the game to get Gungan Roundup

Guest Jedi Shadow

No you don't have to beat the game. Just collect the three artifacts and level 13 will open up at the level select.

------------------

pic2.JPG

Guest Stormtrooper

Thanks. Do you have any tips on how to do the level? I have scored one goal in three goes and that was fluke...

Archived