Home

To Ikhnaton

Guest Shinigami

Guest Shinigami

i disapprove of your comparing us to the ones who post on the cantina and racer forums. I, for one, hate to be compared to others like "oh why cant you be more like them" and stuff. I know we, as a forum, tend to get out of hand sometimes, but theres no need for this kind of behavior from a moderator

------------------

12.gif Duo Maxwell: the UNcouncil's Authority on Animé

"I'm glad you're here to tell us these things!!"

Guest Barnabas Antilies

We are the most active forum on this site. If they start booting people they loose there hit's on this page. They want to keep the site active. You would have to do something much worse than voicing your opinion to get booted off.

Like they have been saying "It's something we have never had to do before". I beleive the worst of this forum is over. The moderators will become more of a companion now than guardians, if you get my meaning.

------------------

wiz031.jpg

Father Barnabas Antilies, Supreme Chancelor

Guest Ikhnaton

Shinigami, I'm sorry if you took offense, but what can I say? It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically, it was aimed toward the group. I've been on these boards for a while and I mostly hung out in the Cantina and Racer forums, and I know that Kurgan rarely had to intervene in any situation because the people there were respectful of each other and could discuss serious issues without fighting.

It is good for people to have examples. As an admin, I'm sure I could say that *any* admin would want the whole forum to be like either of those. They are very low maintenace.

Noone is getting booted. It's a tough position for myself and Kurgan to be in to try and enforce the rules without pissing people off. This sub-forum took off like a shot and I don't think the ground rules ever really got established, so now we are playing catch up. I'm gonna have to ask everyone to bear with me (us) for a bit until some of this stuff blows over. I have confidence in this group and I know we can have a great forum.

Guest Darth skywalker

You should see the last board i used to go to now that one got out of hand.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest Hannibal

And now your here. Hmmm, I wonder what happened?*looking your way accusingly* smile.gif

------------------

colorlecter.jpg

Man-eating vice-president of the Un-Council

Guest Shinigami

oh i see what ya mean ikhnaton. your point is proven to me, yer cool with me now

------------------

12.gif Duo Maxwell: the UNcouncil's Authority on Animé

"I'm glad you're here to tell us these things!!"

Guest Kurgan

One might argue that banning people means less hits for us, of course we would see it this way:

problem posters start fights, fights make people mad, angry people tend to leave, less people = less hits.

Sure in the short term you have people coming back for the fights, but other folks get turned off by the immaturity and leave.

So, if we have to ban people, we will, but it's not like we just ban people in droves for no reason, that's pointless.

And I second Ikhnaton there.

Kurgan

Guest Barnabas Antilies

That was kinda my point. You wouldn't ban Shiganami for voicing his opinion without actually flaming someone.

He would have to act more like Ganjatron to be kicked off.

------------------

wiz031.jpg

Father Barnabas Antilies, Supreme Chancelor

Archived