Home

skinning help?!

supersack56

ok, here's whats happening. i downloaded Gmax some while back, got used to it, im still no pro or anything but im not incompitant, and now i've got a very good (in my opinion) speeder bike model that i really want to be able to use in outcast maps. i read thru some tutorials about skinning and gave the UV mapping a shot and failed miserably... im sure im not the only one, but the tutorials just dont help me that much. i tried using the Ultimate Unwrap 3d program, it worked great, except i cant export or save or anything without buying it, and i really dont want to buy it. ok, the point is that i want to skin it, and i havent come across a tutorial that shows me exactly how to do it right in gmax, and the unwrap program wont do what i need it to without buying it...so, if anyone feels generous :) and wants to give it a shot, contact me, i would appreciate it so very much...if you have something that will really help in any other way, let me know. thanks a bunch

k look at a model included in the game and copy its directory structure. you can also download a model from jkii files and read the readme that comes with it on how to install the model so you can put it in radiant. fairly simple just snoop around and you'll figure it out

Archived