Home

New Star Wars games i just heard about....

Guest Darth skywalker

Guest Darth skywalker

I just heard at ign.com about two new Star Wars game for Playstation 2.One of them is a game where you can pic all of the ships from all four movies(forgot the name)and the other one is a stupid kart racing game called Bombad racing or something that will have jar jar,yoda ect. which sounds stupid.BTW i heard that in the kart racing game jar jar will have all his annoying lines throughout the game.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest Darth skywalker

I dont know.What is this Obi-Wan game about do you just go around as Obi-wan.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest Obi-wan Shinobi

I think Super Bombad racing will kick Jawa A$$. Cart games are fun as hell. Fi Dolla G.I., me love you long time...

------------------

shinobi.jpg

Obi-wan Shinobi is the un-council's official Beer Baron.

Guest Darth_Simpson

Obi-Wan is a PC only game. Check out the latest news here : www.obiwankenobi.net

Really great site

I`m kinda looking forward to Starfighter, which is the sequel to Rogue Squadron. RS was pretty good, but a little short. Hope Starfighter will fix that, and add multiplayer, natch.

Bombad looks REALLY stupid, even worse then Demolition. It is similiar to Racer, which was fun for a while, but a game with Jar-Jar in one of the main roles. I think not. And Yoda racing? Stupid!

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Jedi.jpg

Guest Thermal

Bombad Racing seems like a goofy idea to me too. I'm looking forward to the new Starfighter sim though. I liked Rogue Squadron OK but I could never get over the massive fog in that game. I play PC mostly so I dont have an N64, I was kind of upset that the fog couldn't be scaled back any.

Shouldn't be a problem on the PS2 hardware though smile.gif

Guest Hannibal

I here LucasArts is coming out with a basketball game. Yoda will be the point guard and Obi-Wan will be the shooting guard. Sounds great!!!(Sarcasm-only if you didn't recognize it wink.gif)

------------------

colorlecter.jpg

Man-eating vice-president of the Un-Council

Guest Darth_Simpson

HEHEHEHE

LEC is making a game out of anything now. I would like to see some more games with their own storylines, ie JK.

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Guest Thermal

I want some original games too Simpson. What I'd really like to see in particular is (and I know I'll get booed for saying this) more non-StarWars games.

I LOVE SW games but since Episode 1 came out there hasn't been one game that's come from Lucasarts that I consider spectacular. Racer was neat but short and very simple, more arcade than a racing sim. The Phantom Menace game just wasn't any good at all IMHO, except for the lightsaber battling.

JPB at least took the lightsaber part and built a game around just it which was awsome, but the game itself isn't really THAT innovative. Not nearly as much as most LEC games. Plus the awful control system (which i swear i won't talk about again smile.gif)

Then there's Indiana Jones, which turned out to be just a really bad Tomb Raider knockoff.

Instead of making cookie-cutter Episode 1 games for every single catagory, I wish they'd focus on making one or two GOOD games that really change the way games are made like they used to.

Well, I've got high hopes for Obi-Wan and I'm freaking out waiting for the next Monkey Island game so maybe there's hope. (Or maybe there's Bombad Racing frown.gif )

Guest Darth_Simpson

What about Force Commander, that one is not based on Episode 1.

And Indy was brilliant, WAY better than Tomb Raider ever was. Hope Tomb Raider 4 was the last one!

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Guest Darth_Maul

Personally, I still prefer starcraft to force commander. I, too, have high hopes for ep. I Obi-Wan as I LOVE the JK series. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that. I've been hoping for a good sim game for starwars and I also hope Starfighter lives up to that as well. The cart racing game we'll have to see about. I do love mariocart, but all the imposter games of that just plain sucked. Keep yer fingers crossed!

------------------

darthmaul.jpg

Darth Maul

Dark Lord of the Sith Order

"Fear attracts the fearfull. The strong.....the weak....the innocent. Fear is my ally."

Guest DarthGohan1016

Hey I was wondering what system Starfighter was gonna be for? and If you could give me a link to a site that tells some info about starfighter, because this is the first Ive heard of it thanks

Guest Darth_Simpson

Starfighter is for Playstation 2, and the little information known about it can be found here : www.theforce.net/games

10th of May should reveal more info though!

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Guest Maul Clone

Starfighter and Obi-Wan are going to rule, nuff said. Hey anyone seen that Battle for Naboo for N64 yet. That game is going to suck, which is a bummer cause I have a N64.

Guest 84Elan

I had a post about that but it got ignored so I took it down But yeah it does look like it is going to blow. It looks like a RS redo with out all the cool voices and ships. Oh well what can you expect for a system that has been a total loss except for Bond and maybe a few more games. I too have a 64 PD better be good that is all I have to say.

Guest DarthGohan1016

I think the preview of Battle of Naboo looked pretty lame too, but I think it could still be fun if you minus all the non-flying levels, but I still think it will be better than the Starwars Demolition YIKES

Guest Acid_Rain327

Well, I say give Super Bombad Racing a chance - it looks to be a lot like "Diddy Kong Racing" for the N64, and that turned out to be both a great game and a sleeper hit.

As for Battle of Naboo, the screens with the N-1 Starfighter are nearly identical in display with Rogue Squadron...

Not to mention the fact that the little speeder with the Naboo Guard pilot looks like it belongs in Super Bombad Racing. biggrin.gif

Guest Darth_Simpson

I dont wanna give Super Bombad Racing a chance. This title should be developed by Lucas Learning! What a LAME idea.

Battle for Naboo might be good if it only was an addon for RS on the PC, but developing a totally new title based on the exact same idea is pretty stupid. Just look at Quake 3, a game that sucks in my opinion, and I loved Quake 2. I think the same thing will happen with Batttle for Naboo, as I kinda enjoy playing RS.

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Archived