Home

Setting for Cinamatic Duels.

Arceri

Well, I've been toying around lately with the various commands, like scaling damage, the amounts of blocks, ect. I came across a combination of settings that make for intense and yet very cinamatic duels. Not only do they look more like the movies than anything in the game I've seen yet (including single player). It also takes skill to win, and Lightsabers are viable and deadly.

Now here's the settings, I'll warn you though they're a bit extreme. Heh but the result is many saber clashes, and offense and defense. This works best to balance with Jedimod 1.2 btw. Since the damage scaling effects special moves, some special moves need to have their damage nerfed so people won't just spam those rather than fight. Anyway, here's the settings I put in to make it very intense. I recommend this for Duel only since blocks are really high, it'd make team games more fustrating, but it makes duels much more.

g_sabertracesaber 3

g_saberghoul2collision 4

g_saberdamagescale 2.5 (or 3 depends on how you want it really, but i recommend it's fairly high so each hit counts)

mod_nerflunge 1 (this is for Jedimod btw)

Lunge is the only real problem with high damage, so Jedimod's nerfing lunge's damage helps balance it out greatly. Now since normal servers have sabertracesaber at 1 or 0 and g_saberghoul2collision at 0 or 1 also, it obviously makes blocking much more powerful.

But with high damage it keeps duels lasting longer and making hits more of a point to work for. It also gives the movie feel of being defensive until you see an openning or being so agressive you break through their defenses.

I recommend using those settings on a non full force server, whether it's completely no force (makes it nice) or selective.

Personally I liked to use certain neutral force powers with this, made it movie-like. So I just had only Jump, push, pull, speed, and seeing available.

Anyway, that's it if you're looking for something new this definately puts a cool new twist on the game I think. At first you may say "This blocking is insanely stupid". But if you think about it, Lightsaber fights in the movies were mostly push verus shove, it was defense verus offense until the other found an openning. I don't really think duels will last longer, infact with the higher damage probably last less, but it'll hits more to work for, and add more depth to fighting.

At the very least it's fun to toy with.

Archived