Home

Yoda Bug (Yes, I know it's a little late in the game, but...)

Eklin

I recently picked up a new computer (my old one was crap) and I've spent the past while going around, trying to replace all the lost models/maps/whatever for JKII that I lost.

When it came time to test out the Yoda model, I found the the jumping/rolling sound doesn't work (the "jump1.mp3" file). What happens is that, whenever I jump/roll, the sound completely shuts off for the duration of the jumping sound.

I mean, there's NO sound at all. Not even the jump sound.

I checked through the pk3s (I have three different yoda's (Yoda, SithYoda(Version Mars), and ESBYoda ala Kman) and didn't find any problems that I can see.

My only guess is that the file isn't supposed to be named jump1.mp3. But if that's it, then something is weird, since all the sounds used to work on my computer.

I'll go check some other pk3s and see what I can find, and I'll get back with the results.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Well, I found one thing.

The Yoda model is lacking the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg files in the model folder.

I'll try adding those in, but it still doesn't explain why all the other sounds work, and ALL of them used to work before.

Odd. Very odd indeed.

Archived