Home

W.I.P. - Sasee Tiin

bleek

If you are refering to my last post....then I was just kidding. He said problem number one was that i used NURBS. So asked what problem 2-82934820589328029853 was. I'll try to do some simple things to get used to 3D max...then mabey do a model. But first I'll finish my Anakin Solo skin.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That model was looking good, especialy for a first model. I myself am having the same type of problems you are having as well. I also made a charecter model and made the polycount unbelievably high and barely looked as good as yours. Maybe Once I figure it out I'll get a charecter in this game before it dies. So I understand its definately a frustrating experience.

Sadly its not a model:( . I was just makng a skin of him. I have 4 pictures of him. One is a nice closeup of his face, one of his entire body...although he looks really cartoony, another of him in an orange jumpsuit sorta thing, and a toy of him with jedi kinda clothes on. Go to the skinning section and you can see a pic of him....I just started doing his hair.

Welp....I'm gonna try to start modeling again. Anyone wanna be sooo kind and take me step by step through how to import a root.xsi(if thats the skeleton). I have the tools...I just can't figure out how to get it into 3D max. I got the root.xsi of Kyle.

When I have an editable mesh....how can I make the new collum..or row or whatever for that. Create a polygon? If that is it...how do I :( .....click and it makes a red dot somewhere on the thing and i dunno what else to do with it to make a new face. The top of Saesee's head is kinda round...so I need to make another line of vertecies.

u can't edit the preferences of it anymore once u've converted it to a mesh, so u should really add more segments while they r still primitives, it's better to have more then u can del them later, rather than having too little and adding them later (which I think takes longer), the other way is to add an 'edit mesh' modifier so u can keep the primitives and change properties then collapse the stack in the end

o and I like using the 'slice' command if I really have to add segments on converted meshes which is pretty fast and easy way to add more segments (not the best most accurate way but it works for me)

Thx for the vid. I watched the majority of it and tried to model a head of my own. Doh. I've come to realize that I just plain suck at modeling. I'll keep trying every once and awhile....but I'm not sure I'll get the hang of it :( . I never know where to divide edges and stuff...grr.

Archived