Home

Some interesting news

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

As you know, I receive a lot of email because of that guide.

The release date for JPB in the UK was Friday, so emails from the Brits have been pouring in.

The weird thing is, they're telling me that they have no idea what I'm talking about regarding most of the glitches; they say they don't have problems with any of the ones I've described at such length.

The release date there was originally April 21, but it kept getting pushed back. One theory is because LucasArts wanted to fix some of the numerous glitches....

One thing I don't understand: these people tell me they're playing the "PAL" version. What's that?

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jedi-Qui-Gon

The PAL version is the version of the game that can work with their T.V's I think. I'm not sure so correct me if i'm wrong

------------------

quigon.jpg

Guest Jedi Trunks

wanna kno y kanniget, cause wer r cooler, just kidding, its because a lot of the software is being designed in the U.S so we get the game quicker.

------------------

JPBFORUM.jpg

Trunks, Supreme Jedi

"Sniffing Glue is a way of life, never deny that!"

Guest Darth_Talon

actually your sort of right. The PAL version is the version of their Playstation....we have a differant one...i forget what our version is called int he US....and the Japeneese have differant version than us.....thats why the british cant play US games on their playstation and vice versa...hope that clears it up

------------------

Talon2.jpg

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-Dark Helmet to LoneStar (Spaceballs)

Guest Kurgan

As far as compatability goes, there's NTSC and PAL. There might be another.. I see it all the time in emulators (so it can use foreign and domestic versions of console games) and in DVD player schematics.

I think one is faster, but with a lower refresh rate, and one is used in Europe, another in Japan, and another in North America (I think).

I could look it up and post in more depth, unless somebody else wants to elaborate.

The point is, there are different versions for different territories, and they tend to have small differences in most cases. The reason they do this is (in theory) to avoid people importing cheap foreign bootlegs.

I *believe* that is what a "MOD Chip" for the PSX does, effectively overriding the country-code thing, so you can play foreign games on your PSX.

BTW, Darth_Talon you might want to scale down that picture (oh, about 50%), it's way too big for these forums. Please.

Kurgan

------------------

4568-P-Kur-Front.gif

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 07, 2000).]

Guest Darth Wart

Somebody told me this:

PAL is simply a version of a product that works in Europe. I think you have

NTSC on your games. That's just the same, only NTSC works in the US only.

A game purchased in the US wouldn't work on a Playstation in the UK, and

vice versa. The same goes for videos.

Archived