Home

Can't get scripts to run

JavaGuy

Okay, I want a stormtrooper to run to a particular nav point when the player enters a certain area. So I've written the script, and I've created a trigger_once around the area that should trigger the event when the player enters it. The trigger_once targets a target_scriptrunner that has a usesscript of the scriptname and targets the stormtrooper. I even put a print( "SCRIPT RUN!") in the script to see if it gets run even if it doesn't do what I think it should. Yet nothing happens. Sounds like I'm missing something that should be obvious to me. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sam

btw there is a useful console command that lets you see if scipts are run.

g_icarusdebug

oddly nuff setting it to one doesnt seem to do anything.

set it to 3 and it will show on the console whenever an entity is running a script.

set it to 4 or 5 and you will get more detailed info on the elements of the scipt being run.

if a lot is happening slow down the world with the timescale command so you can keep track :cheers:

Thanks! Okay, here's what's happening: The info_player_start is located inside a run-once trigger that targets a scriptrunner. The scriptrunner runs the script, and it is executing! (whew!)

But it says that "(null)" is executing the script. Then when it tries to set the weapon, it says that the weapon is being set by "no class." Okay, I've always known I have no class, but how do I make this script work?

Thanks again!

Sam

Archived