Home

Revised Guide Posted

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Thoroughly revamped, including all the most recently discovered shortcuts and glitches.

Also FAQs with the points benchmarks.

Click on the link below my sig and blah blah blah.

TO KANIGGET:

Great! Love the color coding!

And it's printer friendly now, too. I'm sure that's important to a lot of people.

Plus, you can read it all on the page without having to scroll over to read the end of every line. Looks great! Thanks!

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jedi Kanigget

What do you mean? The link for level three goes to the revised version you sent me. Notice the red letters at the top? That's the new version. Just to be sure, I checked all the links, they all go to the new revised version.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

Guest Darth Wart

Sorry, Kanigett. My mistake. You do indeed have the updated version; I need to rewrite chapter three, though--found a couple of interesting things.

The page prints just fine (VERY important to me), but on the screen the margins are still just a little to long to the left. No big deal.

Congrats again on the color scheme; I really like it.

BTW: when I do further revisions, I want to do them chapter by chapter in the future. Is that okay with you? How long does it take for you to convert a single one of my chapters to HTML? I want to go chapter by chapter from now on, maybe one revision every view days, but only of a single chapter. Would that be kewl with you?

Guest Thermal

I THOUGHT YOUR FIRST GUIDE WAS A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO FOLLW WART, BUT THIS NEW ONE IS DEFINITELY BETTER(ALTHOUGH, MY PRINTER WASN'T WORKING SO i HAD TO KEEP RUNNING BACK AND FORTH TO THE COMP smile.gif )

And I just bought the Prima guide and your's is far superior. I was amazed at how poorly written and confusin the Prima guide is! When it explains how to beat the colored maze on the final battle, they start on one page and then continue it 2 pages later! It's just strange. Yours is definitely more informative. Thanx.

Guest Pizza the Hutt

If I could make a recommendation...make your background color white. The text is impossible to read without highlighting it.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

How is it hard to see? It's black on white with a bit of color here and there to beef it up. Contrast at it's best. I can see the words fine. I don't think anyone else has had trouble with it, otherwise I would have heard from Wart. Just curious. Explain more. Does anyone else have trouble seeing it?

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 08, 2000).]

Guest Thermal

I just had a bit of trouble following it (not visually)

But Like i said, my printer wasn't working so I had to go back and forth between my computer to read the next section which sort of breaks my train of thought smile.gif Plus I'm a kind of visually oriented person so pictures help me. It was MUCH more thorough than the guide I just bought though, and it had plenty of pictures that didn't help at all. frown.gif

Guest Pizza the Hutt

Your background is black and you're using a lightweight font in white. That makes for poor readibility. And the links left in blue on the black background are unreadable. If you just switch the scheme and make the text black and the background white, then it'll be much easier to read.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Pizza, you are the only one that has had problems seeing the font. It's absolutely clear on my screen at home and the ones I use at school. We have had no complaints about visability except yours. Maybe it is your monitor that is having difficulty.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Guest Pizza the Hutt

Blue hyperlinks on a black background are not legible. Lightweight fonts in white on black are difficult to read.

Guest Pizza the Hutt

Blue hyperlinks on a black background are not legible. Lightweight fonts in white on black are difficult to read.

Guest Pizza the Hutt

It's not my monitor. How can you possibly read blue hyperlinks on a black background? It's an unrivaled guide, I just wish I could read it without having to highlight the page.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

I can easily read the blue hyperlinks on the black background, so can the several people I showed the page to. So can everyone else, otherwise there would have been more complaints. The white text is even easier to see. Quite frankly, I do not intend to change the background or the text color, not for the benifit of one person. White gives it an empty feeling, the black space background fills it in a bit. One person out of the who-knows how many people have visited the site has complained. Sorry. For now, the background stays.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 09, 2000).]

Guest Pizza the Hutt

I'm just trying to help you out. Such color combinations are the hallmark of bad web design, but if it floats your boat, so be it.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

What I am saying is it works fine. Most can see it fine. Negative space given by white background is bad design. I'd have to have pics to fill the space. I will be putting some up, but not enough to fill the void. Consider my boat floated.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Guest Pizza the Hutt

Uh, no. Bad design is thinking you have to fill every square inch of your site with colors, pictures, etc. If you've even brushed the subject of graphic design, you'd know that white space is a desired graphical element.

Guest Darth Wart

You know, Kanigget, I think all this fracas would be solved if you simply included the option to download an entire WORD DOCUMENT printer-friendly version of the entire guide. Several people have asked me about this, and I think Pizza would appreciate it. NOBODY's gonna claim you can't read or print a WORD document.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Last time I did the download file thing over half of the levels couldn't be accessed because Homestead was "busy". I'll try it again this weekend. They've added something that technically gives me unlimited webspace, maybe that will solve the access problem as well.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Archived