Home

new weapon model not being drawn in first person

FTS_Proctor

Hey, i've been trying to replace the briar pistol with a custom model for a little while, but putting it in the game has cause allot of wierd errors. Here's what i've been doing to get the model in the game.

1. my friend created the model, and UVMapped the skin as e-wing.jpg, and added the tags from the default briar_pistol.md3

2. He converted from 3dsmax to .md3

3. I wrote the .skin file with the same name as the .md3 file (written correctly i believe since md3 view imported it fine)

4. I opened the .md3 file in "md3 View", and attached the .skin file. And exported as a .md3

5. I took the new .md3 file, and the .jpg file and put them in my mods folder under the directory \models\weapons2\briar_pistol\ (the same directory as the default in assets0.pk3) and renamed the .md3 file to briar_pistol.md3 but kept the default .jpg name since I believe it needs to keep that name from the way the .skin file references it (this really isn't a big issue i could rename the .jpg before i added the skin, but i didn't and I don't think this is the problem)

6. I zipped and renamed a new pk3 file in my mods folder

7. I loaded up JK2 with my mod, and pulled out my briar_pistol

In 3rd person mode, my model looks the same as the default briar pistol, in 1st person mode... NOTHING. I'm thinking that the new model is so big that it envelopes the player model and there is something is preventing the model being drawn since the point of view is withing it for first person.

Is there wrong step I'm taking in there? Or does anybody know if JKO would have some sort of no-draw thing with weapon models that intefere with the paleyers view?

Thanks for your help.

Archived