Home

lord of the rings total conversion/

rkinder

Is a LOTR tc a good idea?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is a LOTR tc a good idea?

• Yes, an excellent plan, I\'d love to help aswell!
    • Good idea, yes
    • Too much hard work to bother with
    • Pants idea, you fool!

now i may be wrong, but i don't think that anyone has talked about a lotr total conversion yet, have they? It just seems to me that what with the ghoul system thing and a pretty versatile engine that it would be possible. good models, scripting etc are all possible. I'm a book purist over the film, but at least people could base some ideas on the film "look". The only thing is that the locations may not be that good. OK, I've seen some good mapping, but as everyone knows JKR struggles with large areas. On the other hand, im pretty sure that some good quality stuff would be possible.

I would suggest that if anyone did this, that they don't base it on the main charcaters. I always think it sucks when you "be" them because its just like, what, am I supposed to be playing this character doing stuff that tolkien just edited out? You know, base it in the world, but remain true to the story in essence. Base it in the same situation but in a manner that could have happened elsewhere. Maybe you could be a soldier from Gondor, or an Elf or whatever. I suppose you could base it before LOTR proper, and then you could "be" Gandalf feasibly, which would give you some leway to use adapted force powers as magic. Who knows.

I know its easier to say than do, but I've got no experience of Radiant really and my graphics card stuffs it up so I can't use it for some unknown reason. The best I could do would be to have ideas and "artistically direct"!!! But if anyone would be interested then that would be cool.

Archived