Home

How do i play the map i just made??

richard10101

If you just made something with Radiant you wont need a .pk3, yet.

No sense packing it up all neatly if your gona change it in 10 minutes anyway :)

As long as the compiled map (the .bsp file) is in the gamedata/base/maps folder

JK2 will be able to find it.

Start up the game, open the console (Shift and ~ at the same time)

and type "devmap Yourmapname" (you can type just map yourmapname

but devmap starts it with 'cheats' enabled which is better for testing porposes)

yes i have done what you said but in some when i make the .bsp the cmd prompt window comes and does a little then an error box comes says error in sof2map then another in error in kernel32 i know that one what is sof2map and why all i want is to try my maps out and i cant :(:duel:

try Bsp FullVis, it take a bit longer with bsp fullvis to compile but usually works for me, make sure before u try to compile it that u have light entity in your map by right clicking in your map and selecting light, and also for your person to be able to spawn in your level you have a info_player_start set, those are the two mainly things needed to play a level you created. check out this website from RichDiesel, it has a lot of helpful info for beginners.

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/

hope you get it working :)

yes when i looked there i cant see the map .bsp i only see the map in the dir of the tools but they are just .map or just the map name like yavin of what ever i name it i really need help it might be to do with my system though because i just get error in kernel32.dll which is really anoying

computer components:

900 mhz cpu

512 meg of ram

Gforce2

SBlive

13 gig H.D.D

52x cd ROM

DSL internet connection

what more do i need ?????

:Duel

your not understanding or im not saying it correctly well i'le say it now when i have done my map i go to bsp then i click one of them adn it brings up a cmd prompt looking like window and start doing stuff but 1 second maby less it says error (in a seperate box) in sof2map 2 times so what do i need to do so play my map??

(id rather try making a mpa but not have to format my computer)

:duel::lsduel:

gee im so stupid (and im good at coputers for a 14 year old) you could be right because sof2map always comes up with an error so i should re-instal it but hmm... what if it happens again and another thing i got raident from herehttp://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/gc101lsn2.html adn i downloaded 3 programs which you will find on the 3rd page if you would be so kind could you give me your msn address if you have it so you could help me quicker

The Kernal32.dll error is a Windows issue. I got it a while ago and I had to install Windows all over again. You iinstalled a file that changed Kernal32.dll and now you're using a program that needs data from that dll file, but it's been changed and won't act the way it should. You could also get a kernal32.dll file from someone else, but I would install Windows again.

no if yuo read what i said before well i said know what is it kernel is not windows !! it is your mother boar the CPU ok now you might understand it is just file conflicts that im having but a thank you to all people who helped me and a special thanks to Gohan_Trunksss for the most help as he game me a version that worked and is still helping me only 1 question how do i make doors work??

doors are usually 2 full squares on the grid going upward , some people say the level comes out better if you build your buildings around the door so u dont have to use CGS subtract but i use cgs subtract anyways :) i just fix it up a little after i use it so its the same as build around it. but wither way u choose after u got building around the door all u have to do is select just the door and on the grid part right click and select func_door and thats it unless u want to add other things to the door for example "lip" thats mean how much of the door will be poping out of the wall after it opens, many people change "lip" to "0" and they also change which way the door opens useing the up/down keys , to chage the properties of the door u need to select the door after u did func_door and push the key "n" on your keyboard then u can type in "lip" and up/down. hope its helpfull

Archived