Home

Some help with the windmills, please?

Guest Darth Becky

Guest Darth Becky

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I'm at my wit's end here...

Does anybody else find that if they die after the color maze, on those thin gray ledges, and they are brought back to the checkpoint just before the windmills -- that the computers are already destroyed and you cannot turn off the windmills? This happens to me every time, and I simply cannot figure out why, or how to stop it from happening. Needless to say, it's very frustrating if you've got 8 credits and get blown to the ceiling with each one of them. Thanks!

Guest Darth_Talon

i have died many times at the place you speak of....and never has that happened to me where i cant turn off the fans....that is weird

------------------

Talon3.jpg

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-Dark Helmet to LoneStar (Spaceballs)

Guest Darth Wart

What you speak of is definitely a glitch; it's happened to me several times.

The only advice I can give you: From what I've seen, it's possible to shut the windmills off even though they already appear blown-up. Just hit them again. Sometimes there's no connection between their looking destroyed and the wind being off.

A related glitch: sometimes you hit the windmill motors a zillion times but the fan won't shut down. You can still cross safely, though.

I've never lost 8 credits in a row due to this glitch; you may have to re-start the level. If you do, I'd restart the entire machine, too.

Another strategy is to bypass the windmill sytem entirely simply by taking the elevator down.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Darth Wart (edited May 13, 2000).]

Guest Darth Becky

Thanks, Darth Wart! I will definitely try this.

BTW, your walkthrough has become my bible. <g> Thanks so much for writing it.

Becky

Archived